Dealer Repairs

mark70

Sadly our van has gone back to the dealers today for a replacement roof being fitted due to deep scratches being found soon after buying.

Has anyone had this work done on their own vans and were there any problems ?

Did the dealer do the repair work within the specified time ie one week ?

Did the work affect the inside of the van ie dust/ falling out of fitments screws etc ?

Thanks Teresa

We are hoping to be back on the road with van next weekend

Hi Teresa, I assume your having the outer skin on the roof replaced, they should get it done in a week, they will have to remove roof vent's aerials etc but should clear up, not really a difficult job just time consuming.

Hi Teresa, I assume your having the outer skin on the roof replaced, they should get it done in a week, they will have to remove roof vent's aerials etc but should clear up, not really a difficult job just time consuming.

44270[/snapback]

Hi Teresa,

Be aware also that the awning rail will need to be removed/replaced on both sides, as will the jointing strip front and rear, so just check that any excess sealant has been cleaned off.

It would probably be ok, but as a precaution I personally would not fit an awning to the caravan immediately after the repair, just in case the sealant has to have a cure time, but check this with the dealer when you collect.

I trust that he repair will be carried out swiftly and to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Went in yesterday, for a small warranty job

They were saying that one of their staff was off on paternity leave & one on holiday. :huh:

If the workshop manager is helping out I would think everything would go ok :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

hope every thing goes ok with the van and where are you off to next weekend any were nice we are off to bolton abbey ourselves second outing with the new van looking forward to it.

Regards

jON

44276[/snapback]

Jon

We are off to a CL near Tansley in Debyshire with its own swimming pool, Not cheap at £15 per night but a possible location for a CT get together

Mark

Went in yesterday, for a small warranty job

They were saying that one of their staff was off on paternity leave & one on holiday. :huh:

If the workshop manager is helping out I would think everything would go ok :)

44284[/snapback]

Thanks Paul

Went in this morning and saw the workshop manager. Despite being told it would take a week, confirming this when I booked it in and me writing several weeks ago telling them they seemed surprised I wanted the van back next Saturday!

However they said they would ring one of the other customers and try to put his van back a few days! and I left assured it would be ready. I think I will be ringing Thursday to check!

Mark

I Mark/Teresa,

I have been today, they have done the warranty repair for me, and made a very good job of it. :)

and could see that they were busy on your caravan :)

Paul B

I mark,

I have been today, they have done a warranty repair for me, and made a very good job of it. :)

and could see that they were busy on your caravan :)

44663[/snapback]

Thanks Paul - good to know I will ring on Thursday to make sure it is ready. Katies friend has just come up to me and said she is looking forward to coming with us this weekend and it would be a shame to disapoint her.

Mark B)

Not sure what make/model you have but my lunar quasar 615 is at present at leisure sales near sandbach having a replacement roof skin fitted due to deep scratches and not been origionally fitted correctly at manufacture (loose fitting and forms several swimming pools when it rains). I am a little concerned with the overall build quality of the van, however i am confident that all will be ok on its return!!! HONEST!!!!!

Not sure what make/model you have but my lunar quasar 615 is at present at leisure sales near sandbach having a replacement roof skin fitted due to deep scratches and not been origionally fitted correctly at manufacture (loose fitting and forms several swimming pools when it rains).  I am a little concerned with the overall build quality of the van, however i am confident that all will be ok on its return!!! HONEST!!!!!

44683[/snapback]

Hi Baz

Ours is an Elddis. No problems with the skin being loose just badly scratched. Whilst no detriment to the van in terms of letting water in I insisted in a replacement as it was not what I would have expected on a new van. Poor workmanship needs to be tackled and hopefully through Elddis paying for the warranty repair eventually they will get the message.

Mark

How have you got on with the repair Mark. ........Hope you've got it back :)

Paul B

How have you got on with the repair Mark. ........Hope you've got it back  :)

45022[/snapback]

Find out in a few hours. Going down this morning to collect it and go straight to a CL at Tansley. Rang them yesterday and they said it was ready apart from the decals which Explorer had sent them the wrong ones, but these can be fitted later or I may go without as the original ones were starting to lift.

Mark

Picked van up on Saturday, with all repairs carried out and new roof looks fine. Shame it could not be that way in the first place.

Went to a CL with a pool and had a great weekend until coming home when the car decided to break down. Had to be recovered from the hard sholder when I lost power in some road works. RAC were great treating us a priority case with three kids on board! Kids thought it was a great adventure.

I am sure the car did it on purpose after 70k miles of no trouble motoring five days after ordering a new vehicle it breaks down for the first time!!!!!

Mark (waiting for another tow truck to take me to the garage!)

Archived