Adria Altea 502dk

Spyder

I've been in touch with the dealership today and been given a collection date of 25th November.

Can't wait!

Christmas is coming early for us!

:D

Hi Spyder,

I’ll add our best wishes to the list as well - hope you have many happy times with it :)

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome

I'm taking it away straight from the dealer, Friday and Saturday night!

Whether or not we get another trip before Christmas depends on the wife's Christmas shopping progress.

I was hoping to get booked on to Rowntree Park at York for a Christmas shopping trip but they are fully booked. :(

You won't be disappointed.

We've had ours a year now, and love it!

We get so many positive comments about the van, and I love that rear end with the bunk windows.

My sons love their fixed bunks.

We've made a couple of mods - Outside aerial socket and external 240v socket (taken from the 240v socket underneath the side dinette).

This layout is fantastic for a family.

Bought a £20 oven from Lidl to supplement the cooking facilities.

Happy caravanning.

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

We get so many positive comments about the van, and I love that rear end with the bunk windows.

My sons love their fixed bunks.

44329[/snapback]

I also like the rear end, something different.

The other big plus for us was the fixed bunks, our daughter can go to bed and we can stay up.

Couldn't find ANY other model with fixed bunks at 1200kg and that's our towing limit at the moment. (It's a company car and I'm stuck with it until October 2007).

Thanks to all for the good wishes! :D

You must have the same engine as us. The 2. 0 l HDi, which in our Picasso is great, although has to be said a little 'gutless' up hills.

That is exactly what we thought when we saw the 502, this is a lot of van considering the 1200kg.

We have just had ours serviced. £100 plus vat. Can't go wrong!

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

Mine is the 1. 6 HDi, 110 PSI.

Yes, a 1. 6 diesel with 110 horsepower, how do they do it?

I must admit, it's quite perky but have yet to tow with it.

A friend of mine has the 307 2. 0HDi, 90PSI and he tows a Bailey Ranger (2-berth) no problem at all.

Believe me the 1. 6 is a totally different beast to the 2. 0.

My parents have a C-max with the 16. 110hp, and the engine is very perky, unlike our Pic!!

Mine is the 1. 6 HDi, 110 PSI.

I must admit, it's quite perky but have yet to tow with it.

45010[/snapback]

I shall report back with it's towing ability after next weekend!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I shall report back with it's towing ability after next weekend!

With all the excitement, I forgot to report back, :lol:

The Peugeot 307 1. 6 HDi tows the 'van OK.

I have been very cautious with the loading, weighing things before they go into the van and also checking the noseweight with a noseweight gauge, but the towing ability is OK.

I can imagine a 4x4 would do a much better job but as I'm stuck until 2007, I'm not too concerned! (Still looking forward to a beefier towcar though!)

With all the excitement, I forgot to report back, :lol:

The Peugeot 307 1. 6 HDi tows the 'van OK.

I have been very cautious with the loading, weighing things before they go into the van and also checking the noseweight with a noseweight gauge, but the towing ability is OK.

I can imagine a 4x4 would do a much better job but as I'm stuck until 2007, I'm not too concerned! (Still looking forward to a beefier towcar though!)

I'm sure that a 4 x 4 would do a much a better job, and that is something we looked at prior to buying the Pic. But I sure did not want to lug a 4 x 4 around on normal runs, when a perfectly decent MPV with all it's gizmos, does a great job!

We are cautious with the loading, and load over the axle but have to confess never weigh anything, and have never experienced any strange behaviour. Mind you I don't think we have anywhere near the 200 odd kg of weight in the van.

The Picasso is an OK towcar but as I say it makes up for it's lack of torque when towing, in other ways!!

From a manoevring point of view I love the 502DK!

From a manoevring point of view I love the 502DK!

Hi All

I must say that that is definitely a great advantage with the Adria and some other foreign vans you can get the car in to some really great angles whilst reversing!

Regards

JON