Lunar Caravans Bad Faults

Esher

I would like to warn anyone who bought a Lunar last year to:

1) Have your tyres checked for splits. Apparantly Lunar had a bad batch. They have changed them as people have found them. Why they do not have a recall as they would do in the car industy only they know. I had a masssive split in one of mine and was only driving down the M6 the week before. :angry:

2) Check your gas locker to see if it locks properly, mine looked like it was locked and wasn't, this happened to someone else and we both have Zeniths. :(

I have wriiten to the managing director twice regarding these issues and the many other faults I have had and I have not had a reply :angry:

Cheers Alan :D

Hi

I would think that Avondale would have got around a full recall by writing to all purchasers advising them of the tyre fault although they would still not capture all those who have purchased a nearly new van seconhand. (and from what you say they haven't written anyway)

Interesting one but the Trading Standards office are the guys who need to know. They will talk to Avondale and discover their thought process in not doing a recall and take whatever action they think appropriate

Regards

NRF

1) Have your tyres checked for splits. ..

2) Check your gas locker to see if it locks properly. ..

I have wriiten to the managing director twice regarding these issues and the many other faults I have had and I have not had a reply

44057[/snapback]

I would think that Avondale would have got around a full recall by writing to all purchasers advising them of the tyre fault. ..

44457[/snapback]

Have I missed something here? Why would Avondale write to owners of Lunar caravans, or is this a fault that may apply to more than one manufacturer?

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Have I missed something here? Why would Avondale write to owners of Lunar caravans, or is this a fault that may apply to more than one manufacturer?

Gordon.

44466[/snapback]

Whoops. ..!! Sorry, meant to say Lunar (apologies to Avondale!)

• 1 month later...

1)  Have your tyres checked for splits. Apparantly Lunar had a bad batch. They have changed them as people have found them. Why they do not have a recall as they would do in the car industy only they know.   I had a masssive split in one of mine and was only driving down the M6 the week before.   :angry:

2)  Check your gas locker to see if it locks properly, mine looked like it was locked  and wasn't, this happened to someone else and we both have Zeniths. :(

I have wriiten to the managing director twice regarding these issues and the many other faults I have had and I have not had a reply :angry:

Cheers  Alan  :D

44057[/snapback]

hi have just been off the phone to a guy called Minola the director of Lunar regarding the tyres spliting. He has said that he has a report that states that none of the tyres supplies by Lunar are dangerous he is aware of the tyres splitting but has said that it is only the outer skin and is not DANGEROUS I guess we can quote him on that one.

[FONT=Optima]I have an 04 lexon. Do we know what models/years are affected?[/FONT]

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I read this post and thought as I have not heard from my dealer it won't affect me! Took the van for service on Friday and I have to replace the tyres and get the old tyres and recipt to the dealer who will get me a refund from Lunar. I think I should have checked this out when I read it first.

caw

I read this post and thought as I have not heard from my dealer it won't affect me! Took the van for service on Friday and I have to replace the tyres and get the old tyres and recipt to the dealer who will get me a refund from Lunar. I think I should have checked this out when I read it first.

caw

Have I missed something here? As I understand the Sale of Goods Act(1973 &c) your contract is with the supplying dealer. Why have you got to wait for a refund from Lunar? Whether it's a warranty problem or not, it is the dealer's responsiblity to claim the refund from the manufacturer, not up to you to claim and chase for a refund. Or is the Caravas industry different?? :huh:

Have I missed something here? As I understand the Sale of Goods Act(1973 &c) your contract is with the supplying dealer. Why have you got to wait for a refund from Lunar? Whether it's a warranty problem or not, it is the dealer's responsiblity to claim the refund from the manufacturer, not up to you to claim and chase for a refund. Or is the Caravas industry different?? :huh:

PS Just noticed spelling mistake :rolleyes:

Must. ..learn. ..to . ..type. ..more. ..slowly :D:D

PS Just noticed spelling mistake :rolleyes:

Must. ..learn. ..to . ..type. ..more. ..slowly :D:D

I'm sure you are right regarding the sale of goods act, I will see what they say when I take the old tyres in. So long as I get a refund I will not be too bothered, life is too short.

caw