Sign in to follow this  
Justin1

Stolen Hobby 560 Cfe Premium- Looks Like Darth Vader Helmet

I bet there are as many if not more UK caravans stolen but you dont hear about them Its just because Hobbys are such great vans that you hear about them more often. When mine was stolen, they took two UK vans at the same time so thats twice as many UK vans just on one night. It really peeves me when the uneducated go Hobby bashing without really looking into the overall picture. Id jump at the chance of getting the new style Hobby and my own and others experiences would not deter me from getting one (finances willing) nigel http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/26825-stolen-caravan-statistics/page__view__findpost__p__270631

Nige, i don't think JKS is saying that Hobby's are the most frequently stolen van (purely by the limited numbers in the UK, they couldn't be). What he is saying, is that they are the first choice for members of a 'certain' community - probably because they're well made and durable. Couple gets married & need somewhere to live, they can either pay out ££££££ they don't have and buy a new one, or risk getting caught (with very little fear of anything but a suspended sentence) and have one for free.

That's the world in which we live unfortunately.

For the same reason, i would never want to own a new BMW, Audi or anything posh - too many of my neighbours have had theirs stolen in the night, some more than once.

If you have something nice, there's always someone who wants to take it.

Guest jks
Nige, i don't think JKS is saying that Hobby's are the most frequently stolen van (purely by the limited numbers in the UK, they couldn't be). What he is saying, is that they are the first choice for members of a 'certain' community - probably because they're well made and durable. Couple gets married & need somewhere to live, they can either pay out ££££££ they don't have and buy a new one, or risk getting caught (with very little fear of anything but a suspended sentence) and have one for free. That's the world in which we live unfortunately. For the same reason, i would never want to own a new BMW, Audi or anything posh - too many of my neighbours have had theirs stolen in the night, some more than once. If you have something nice, there's always someone who wants to take it.

That's exactly what I was trying to say!! I have never owned a Hobby so wouldn't dream of knocking the make.

Edited by jks

Very sad world we live in. I for one can't understand how anyone can just take something, luckily There must be more of us out there who feel the same way. To the person who owns the van it doesn't matter if is brand new or 20 years old it's still there pride and joy that they have worked hard for! It makes me sick to my stomach that if you work hard and buy something nice you have to accept that there is a high risk of it being taken by some scumbag with no morals!

Quote " What he is saying, is that they are the first choice for members of a 'certain' community "

That used to be the case, not so much now, they seem to prefer Bailey, Swift etc as they blend in more easily.

Edited by Brecon

Hi. Just seen a van like yours on the A1 near Domcaster travelling north. It's stuck in traffic. It was being towed by a transit type van.

Really feel for you. Hope you get sorted.

have seen 2 vans like this now, 1 today and 1 yesterday. the 1 today was been towed west bound on the m180, the towing vehicle was a renault master van which to be fair looked like it was a family with kids. ..

the other one how ever was yesterday and it was a bit more of an unusual setup. . it was a very old blue merc flatbed van with the occupants been 3 'lads' all with tops off. It had been stopped by VOSA at the immingham dock check point. maybe worth a call to vosa to see if any thing can be recognised with chassis numbers etc.

really hope you find the van, it certainly looked stunning in the flesh.

Sign in to follow this