Stolen Hobby 560 Cfe Premium- Looks Like Darth Vader Helmet

Justin1

I am gutted my brand new Hobby Premium 560 CFe just been stolen last night from the secure storage at Horsley Caravanning and Camping Club Site in Surrey M25 jct 10

its only a week old and had loads of extras on it making it unique

including beige leather

Gas oven above fridge (they dont come with ovens normally)

Extractor fan above hob

Autark Package

Spare alloy Wheel and bracket

and a brand new premium light awning still in its box, i bet i was the only one in the country with one of these

i loaded it on Tuesday with all our gear so we could go away in it tonight and some one stole it.

the chassis number is WHB24U58H0FC35480

the Police officer in charge is DC Jackie Green, 01483 639600 ext 2627

SUBSTANTIAL REWARD FOR INFO THAT WILL GET IT BACK

i can get another one til the autumn and waited 5 months for that one!

please keep an eye out for this single axle 560 CFe

speak to the police with any confidential info you have please

regards

Justin

see attached photos

post-50860-0-94123900-1337354368_thumb.jpg

hope this story has a happy ending mate. .. like the recovery of your van and a big dose of pain for the scumbags who pilfered it. ...

2004 Land Rover Discovery & 2011 Bailey Pegasus Bologna

I'm hoping you San get the help from people on here. .. Lots of eyes on the road. ... Sounds like been stolen to order

(null)

Love my Big Beastie Chrysler 300c CRD

Love my Bailey Pageant Champagne 98

So much for the C&CC Secure storage! Did they get any CCTV pictures? Wish you luck in finding the thief.

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

so sad to hear of your misfortune guys, hope it all comes out in the wash . just wonder who you had told about your new toy ? just a thought

good luck finding it or replacing it .

Shawn Gemma and kids

meandcaravan.jpg.e9cf995ee8c89b08e26d261aa10c0fc4.jpg2008 Bailey Senator Wyoming -2004 green oval Landrover discovery 2 td5-2005 Smart forfour.

It will no doubt have been stolen to order, probably to become somebody's new home. I'd wager that if there were 3 caravans either side of yours with no security, yours would still be the target.

Hope you get it all sorted and it doesn't ruin this year too much for you

2022 Swift Elite 860 & Santa Fe

So sorry to hear about the theft of your new van, I feel for you and your family.

As you are in Surrey, I wonder if it is now in France and beyond??

As you say it is unique, if it is still in this country, I hope you get it back in one piece. Hopefully the culprits will be found and dealt with accordingly.

Good Luck

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

I am not familiar with the area, but would you van have been visible from the road or to passers by and have there previously been problems at the storage facility? I wouldn't have thought that 1week old vans are stolen very often, so it may well be a case of stolen to order. It may well be in France or Ireland by now, but I would have thought that there is more than a fair chance this van is now in the clutches of our 'friends' who have a liking for Hobby's and LMC's. If that is the case you probably wouldn't want it back. Hope your insurance pay up promptly

Sorry to be a pessimist

M

Hi, deepest regrets on the theft of your van, i know how you feel as it happened to us when ours was three weeks old.(luckily the btard was caught on the motorway the same night) Would you mind telling me where you purchased it from, i have a theory ive been developing over a few years with regards to brand new stolen Hobbys.

nigel

NIGEL129 Hobby 495 Ufe (2003)

Powrtouch HD BP GAS Lite User Toyota Surf 2. 4 Tug,

Pretty distinctive van. I feel for you Justin. Not only a lost van but also damaged holiday plans.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Sorry to hear the bad news.

. dont know if its just a coincedance but saw just the same sort of van on the M1 northbound J45nr Leeds around 1930pm towed behind a blue transit. ..... I noticed it as I was southbound and its such a stunning looking van and its the first one I have seen since the NEC last October.

I hope things get sorted for you

Mini Clubman Cooper S

Might be worth asking the police if they have video footage of that stretch of motorway a blue transit towing a van like that would be easy to spot and get the number plate.

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Crdi Xe, 2007 Compass Corona Magnum 544 two 80 watt roof solar panels

http://www. surrey. po. ..=1&itemID=11843

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club site with "secure storage", but I don't think it's CASSOA registered.

Looks like easy pickings for the thieves especially now they have Google Earth and all sites listed on line.

Interesting looking at the date. July 2009 so it's not the first time vans have been stolen from here.

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

I spoke to the warden at this site (west Horsley) and she told me they hadn't had any trouble apart from one being stolen over the winter when they were closed (they did have a caravan sitter at the time though) these other vans went missing at peak holiday times and again no one noticed anything, something very odd going on here :angry: This warden I spoke to has been at Horsley for a good few years so would have known about these other thefts :(

Guys and Gals thanks so much for all your comments, its the 3rd time in 3 years! that vans have been stolen from there, no CCTV unfortunately, i tried to get it CASSOA registered via HQ to get my insurance premium down but they did not seem interested.

will get police to follow up on the M1 sighting tomoz morning, would be nice if its still in the UK. thanks for all keeping an eye out. its a unique spec and now someone is enjoying that beige leather and gas oven, both very rare on the new hobby premium.

i bought it from Joeressen in Munchen Gladbach Germany as he was the only one who could get me a bespoke 560 CFe inside 5 months.

It makes no difference I know but we have a seasonal pitch at Horsley and ALL of the staff there are completely gutted about what has happened. We were not there the day in question. I feel sick to my stomach that some scum think its ok to go and do damage to others vans and I cannot even describe how I feel about the van that was stolen :(

Hi

I am as well so sorry to hear about your loss we are base in Scotland and have asked everyone we know to keep an eye out for anything like it in the North East. If it's still in the Uk it hopefully will be found, as above I haven't seen one since just before the NEC when we saw one at Uk Caravans that was going to the NEC. Good luck anyway. I saw your post about when you were picking it up back in April on the Hobby site; did you get your proactive tracker? If so they got round that as well which is worrying as I have just put one on mine and had been felling relaxed thinking that my van was fully covered. I suppose if they want it they will get it. Makes you feel sick that people do this.

Bill

Edited by bigbill

Hi all and Bill

thanks again for all your kind words, it was 6 days old and so i had not had a chance yet to get the tracker.

Bill i hardly have time to have lunch let alone facebook and twitter but agree with the idea though

JKS take a look inside a 2. 5 wide van and your too will fall in love i promise, i also kept it under 7. 0m body length too to be legal

JKS take a look inside a 2. 5 wide van and your too will fall in love i promise, i also kept it under 7. 0m body length too to be legal

I have looked at them but, like many others,certainly wasn't prepared to take the risk!!!

I bet there are as many if not more UK caravans stolen but you dont hear about them Its just because Hobbys are such great vans that you hear about them more often. When mine was stolen, they took two UK vans at the same time so thats twice as many UK vans just on one night. It really peeves me when the uneducated go Hobby bashing without really looking into the overall picture. Id jump at the chance of getting the new style Hobby and my own and others experiences would not deter me from getting one (finances willing)

nigel

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/26825-stolen-caravan-statistics/page__view__findpost__p__270631

Edited by nigel129

NIGEL129 Hobby 495 Ufe (2003)

Powrtouch HD BP GAS Lite User Toyota Surf 2. 4 Tug,