Fire At Caravan Site

navarac

Which site was it at. ......I have had many a night at the Fishery Creek Caravan & Camping Park (in my sail board days !!) when I lived down there.

A fantastic place for beaching and sailing, not so good for getting off the island though !!!!

Sometimes if we left at the wrong time it would take hours to get the few miles to the M27!!

I believe it was statics laid up for winter.

44072[/snapback]

They weren't statics, I can assure you. They were "tourers" moved off pitches into a storage area for the winter. Like a lot of sites, planning regs apply regarding where, what, when etc.

Which site was it at. ......I have had many a night at the Fishery Creek Caravan & Camping Park (in my sail board days !!) when I lived down there.

A fantastic place for beaching and sailing, not so good for getting off the island though !!!!

Sometimes if we left at the wrong time it would take hours to get the few miles to the M27!!

43998[/snapback]

It wasn't Fishery Creek. I cannot remember which one and since it happened, I cannot seem to find anything about on the web in the local Pompey areas.

It wasn't Fishery Creek.   I cannot remember which one and since it happened, I cannot seem to find anything about on the web in the local Pompey areas.

44208[/snapback]

I did a web search and according to the UK Camp Site forum, it was at Fleet Farm and about 40 tourers were involved.

Archived