Quick Erect Porch Awning

MikeC

Having gone to the Excel caravan show a couple of weeks back, I was quite impressed with the new Quick erect porch awning that Towsure were selling in the outside tent area, did anyone else see it, if so any thoughts ? Basically looks a little like a sun canopy set up (i. e. permenantly attached to the side of the van) and is support by a single pole down the middle to a cross bar that is further supported by Storm straps, in the video they show it going up in 2 minutes. ....

£175 normal price, £155 show price, but not available for delivery till January. ...

Any thoughts ?

MikeC

Sounds a tad pricey for a small roof and one pole? What did you think Mike?

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

We also saw it at Earls Court and I was quite impressed. Hubby just kept looking at the price tag and saying we already have an awning. Although I think I would like to see one up and in use on a site, nothing like the British weather and the kids really see if something comes up to scratch.

Now heres the thing, I currently have 2 porch awinings, a Suncamp and a NR full (!) porch awning, the problem being that the Suncamp isnt always big enough, whilst the Porch awning takes as much effort to put up as the full awning so I don't bother, instead I put up the full awning. ..... I reckon that an Awning that could be put up in under 10 minutes pegs and all is probably the best solution, I also reckon I could sell my current NR porch awning for £150 (probably not on here now !! :P ) as it is in top condition as it has hardly been used. ..... Therefore the new super-duper quick erect awning could cost be a £5. ... I would keep the Suncamp for longer holidays and put it up on the far side of the van for bikes etc. .....

It looks of very similar build quality / materials to the Suncamp scenic, i. e. tent material. .... which I have good experience of, and I have seen Gordon's one stay in one piece during a typical Blackpool November !! i. e. very breezy. ....

Will have to add one to my Christmas list to santa. ...

Cheers, MikeC

I like your thinking Mike. So your hand's open to a £5 donation is it?

Cheers,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Archived