Louisiana - Awning Rail; Kitchen Power Point

John Lee

1. Just received the Louisiana here in NZ :) & was unable to fit my locally made "stone guard" which I hasten to add did fit the 2004 Pageant perfectly. The system I use entails the fitting of 2 x panels into the awning rails at the front on both the near side & the off side & then I fit a linking panel across the front which zips into the 2 panels previously installed into the awning rails. Worked well on the Pageant but I couldn't get one panel to slide into the nearside awning rail on the Louisiana. It seems to be too tight. I also tried to put it in from the rear & that seems just as tight ie It wouldn't fit. I haven't tried the awning supplied with it yet but bearing in mind the fact that this thing does fit into the offside rail & did fit the Pageant I suspect an incorrect size awning rail? Is that possible? There doesn't appear to be any damage to the rail - it seems to be a constant sized gap front to rear on the near side.

I am unable to persue the issue for a week or so due other committments but would appreciate any comments in the interim. I have an "awning rail spreader" which I bought off Towsure last year and am hoping I might be able to achieve something with that though I'll have to remove the shroud at the base of the rail in order to insert the tool into the end of the rail. No point taking the "Lou" back to my supplier for a fix - that would entail a 12000 mile trip! :lol: Besides I don't mind a challenge B)

2. I am going to have an extra power outlet fitted to the wall at the rear of the bench probably between the sink & the gas cook top for the toaster & electric kettle. This topic has been aired before I know. Any recommendations on the precise siting before I start making holes! Where is the factory fitting the power point on the latest versions? I know they've shifted one from the forward edge of the TV shelf adjacent to the bench and put it somewhere along the rear of the bench due to customer feedback.

3. Other than that full marks to Wilhelmson Line for the delivery of the Caravan without so much as one scratch. That's twice in a row now. :D

4. One last thing - I didn't receive any winter covers for the 'fridge vents - can other Louisiana owners confirm they were supplied with some? Probably not crucial in our climate however it still gets cold here and they are still required to reduce water ingestion when washing aren't they?

Thanks in advance for your comments

John Lee

3. Other than that full marks to Wilhelmson Line for the delivery of the Caravan without so much as one scratch. That's twice in a row now. :D 

43792[/snapback]

How was it packaged? I cant see they make 'jiffy' bags that big! :P

I couldn't fit the fiammi sliders into the rail that hold the porch in place so had to make up some home made ones as the rail wouldn't accept the fiammi ones at the opening.

Does this read OK? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Any recommendations on the precise siting before I start making holes! Where is the factory fitting the power point on the latest versions? John Lee

43792[/snapback]

Hi John,

Yes I spotted this at the 3 Counties Show & Earls Court

There is a vertical upright to the side of the Sink Tap.

On the RH side of this upright they have bridged the 90 degree corner with a 45 degreeish panel which runs vertically from worktop to underside of overhead locker thus creating a void behind it.

The Socket is fastened to the face of this panel with the wiring in this void.

From memory I think that it looks the same as the angled vertical panel to the Left of the upright down to the TV platform.

Hope this helps.

Griff.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

How was it packaged?  I cant see they make 'jiffy' bags that big! :P

43812[/snapback]

What's more it's a roll on / roll off operation that called to 6 ports prior to NZ to shift vehicles - so no "jiffy" bag or whatever! :)

I had to ask for my Fridge vent covers.

Have you got your 2 Alko wheel locks?

43919[/snapback]

Yes John I got the wheel locks - don't know if I'll use them much as I reckon I have the only Louisiana in the Country so it would be a job & a half to hide it! :lol: Mind you there is a Wyoming coming to town soon - I have been in touch with the buyer - bought from the same dealer (& I'm hoping to get a look over it). I am using the AL-KO hitch lock though.

Did you have to ask your dealer for the fridge vents or did you go straight to Bailey? I think I might get a better response from Bailey.

Tell you something else that caught me out when collecting the Lou & that was the fact that the park lights (do you call them road lights? - red at rear white at front) on each side of the van ie left & right are on separate circuits. I had a job to sort that out initially as I thought a bulb was out 'till I realised that they were on separate circuits when I noticed the front light on the same side was out too. B) Why is that? Is it something to do with when parking on the side of the road that a red light must be displayed to the rear?

regards

JL