L200 Animal

Guest del

Does anyone tow with a Mitsibishu L200 Animal. have been have a look at them and quite fancy one. prefer the Animal to the Warrior as it has the engine upgrade and 18in alloys.

Hello,

Dont know about the warrier but I know someone with a nissan nirvana (twin cab pick up) he looked at all sorts first and it seems to have the most powerfull engine in its class. His is the old shape (2004 model) and has 135bhp, the latest one has nearer 170bhp and I think 'normal' suspension. Worth a look? and if you put the hard back on it 'look' like the nissan pathfinder thats nearly 30k ;)

Cheers

Scott

I tow with a L200 4life

Same as animal exept ancillary differences

No problems at all

It does have leaf spring rear suspension and i havnt found a problem

Although it is normally loaded even when towing

Pulls like a train even without power upgrade

Why not look at the new Ltd edition Trojan or wait until march for the new Model

Anything else i can help with just ask

L200

Del

Pickups, as a general rule, do not make good towing vehicles because they carry all their weight up front and lack it where it matters, over the rear wheels. This can give rise to instability in the van and applies whether the pickup is front, rear or all wheel drive.

h ;)

The L200 (as with most Mitsu's) has a very very short service interval. Of the top of my head I think its 4500 miles for the first 18000 and then 9000 thereafter.

Also, the engine is quite an old design, as is the body. Think there is a new model out soon which will compete with the Isuzu Rodeo and the Nissan Navara etc.

Steve

Sorry but your wrong there. Most 4x4 TD's have caught up with modern times and have service intervals of at least 10,000 miles, some been 12 and some been 15 now. Also, if the OP is buying new/nearly new they would probably use the main dealer for servicing which is expensive, particularily on mitsubishi, so if its in every 4500 miles that would make it considerably more expensive than similar pick-ups.

Now, Im not wanting to put people off the L200 (I cant say whether its a good tow car or not, leave that to other folk) as I really like the look of them myself and almost bought one last yeat, just making sure the OP looks into the cost of running them.

Steve

Most turbo-diesel 4x4's need an oil & filter change at 4500 miles, the beauty is though, you don't even have to raise off the ground to do it!

The longest part of the oil change is waiting for it to drain.

43954[/snapback]

12,500 miles for the Turbo Dismal Mundaneo! Think most VW TD's are about the same, and BMWs/Merc TDs only need it when the car tells you it needs it!

The 3. 2 DiD Shogun has a 9000 service interval. My last service at a main dealer was £228 inc vat. The equivalent service on a Freelander £450.

44020[/snapback]

Ouch. .. the Mondeo only cost about £99. 00 for the last on. ..

Ouch. .. the Mondeo only cost about £99. 00 for the last on. ..

44023[/snapback]

Hi Gaz,

Where did you get your Mondy serviced for £99? Was it a Ford dealer or an independent trader? I paid £145 for a local Ford dealer service (During warranty) and that was the cheapest in the area.

Bob R

Does anyone tow with a Mitsibishu L200 Animal. have been have a look at them and quite fancy one. prefer the Animal to the Warrior as it has the engine upgrade and 18in alloys.

43694[/snapback]

Take care with a pickup as a tow vehicle. We have afriend who flipped the van and the pickup. As somebody said there is no weight at the back of these trucks so the van can easily pick them up.

Perhaps that's why they are called "PICKUPS" ;):rolleyes:

Bob R

Hi Gaz,

Where did you get your Mondy serviced for £99? Was it a Ford dealer or an independent trader? I paid £145 for a local Ford dealer service (During warranty) and that was the cheapest in the area.

Bob R

44027[/snapback]

Local Ford dealer, in Hungerford, Berks. I have a feeling that last time this was discussed other mondeo owners had similar prices.

Totally agree with hornpipe and bobren55 they are pickups and the back ends tend to be skittish. I drove a crewcab for many years abroad before they became popular here. They are great loaded up but towing I wouldn't say they were very stable. I used to tow a largish air compressor which used to bounce all over the place especially off road. The pickups look good but weight distribution well I would say not.

Bob