Which Model Is Next For Revision?

sprite

I would have thought that Bailey would be looking at revising both the Discovery and Ranger Models at the same time as there are only 3 models only in the Discovery Line up.

If not I would have thought the Ranger Models would take precedence as the I believe the Discovery Range accounts for only 5% of their production.

Anyway I’m sure they will be worth waiting for!

Desperado

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info.     :)

44001[/snapback]

Hi All,

New Ranger pictures and spec's are al up on the Bailey web pages. Some big weight savings on some of the range.

Cad

Hi All,

New Ranger pictures and spec's are al up on the Bailey web pages. Some big weight savings on some of the range.

Cad

48612[/snapback]

Thanks for the info that Bailey has details on their website. As a contented owner of a early 05 Ranger 470/4 I was keen to see what the updated look would be, and I'm releived I didn't wait, because i don't like it!!!

Exteranlly the van looks a lot "boxier", and some minor details don't look as attractive as the earlier vans, lack of door window for one, but the rear end in particular does not look pretty at all. Might be the pictures but it again looks boxier, squarer than the earlier van.

In sides look nice, and what would I give for the bigger fridge. .......but why add a fixed bed to the range? And in a 4 berth model as well? Kids go to bed, grwon ups have to retire as well (fine for a couple using ti as a spacious 2 berth though).

but is it just me and is the window near the side dinette on the 470/4 smaller?

Hi JonathanM

Like you have a 2005 Ranger 470/4 which we love. Had a quick look on the Bailey site- bigger fridge would be better and I liked the domestic style handle on the bathroom door as ours tends to stick but wasn't keen on the new fabric-might look better in real life!-hoping to check it out at the NEC in Feb.

Pam

Hi JonathanM

Like you have a 2005 Ranger 470/4 which we love. Had a quick look on the Bailey site- bigger fridge would be better and I liked the domestic style handle on the bathroom door as ours tends to stick but wasn't keen on the new fabric-might look better in real life!-hoping to check it out at the NEC in Feb.

Pam

49128[/snapback]

the fridge is about the only thing that I would like as well, we don't have a problem with the handle on the bathroom so no problems there. Just looks too big & boxy to me overall.

I think that the introduction of a fixed bed Ranger is a good move.

I currently have a 2003 Bordeaux and when the time comes to change, then a fixed bed Ranger may suit. I will probably change my towcar as at the same time and with the weight of the Ranger, I may buy a Focus 2. 0 litre TDCI. The Focus should give a good match weight wise.

Yossa

What Baileys seem to have done by adopting the fully bonded body shell is have a flat roof as per the Senator range.

This gives them a more boxy look as the front doesn’t look as streamlined as the old model, unlike the Pageant range which for some reason still has the sloping roof.

Perhaps this will change when the Series 6 Pageant is realised!!

I suppose one advantage is you get additional head height at the front of the van.

Desperado

What Baileys seem to have done by adopting the fully bonded body shell is have a flat roof as per the Senator range.

This gives them a more boxy look as the front doesn’t look as streamlined as the old model, unlike the Pageant range which for some reason still has the sloping roof.

Perhaps this will change when the Series 6 Pageant is realised!!

I suppose one advantage is you get additional head height at the front of the van.

Desperado

49159[/snapback]

Practical caravan say that is the main reason, the head room, and Bailey have based the changes on the feedback survey by members of the CC.