Lopsided Hobby!

mgrunnell

I recently bought a 1992 Hobby Prestige which I intend to refurbish. However I have noticed that one side of the caravan is approximately 1. 5 inches lower than the other side.

Does anyone have an idea what may be causing this? And if so what is the cure.

Many thanks. Mark

Guest Hobbybod
Hobby caravans have torsion bar suspension and not rubber as used on UK vans.

First things that I would check:

Has anything heavy been added to the low side, such as an oven?

Is there an on-board water tank on the low side which has not been emptied.

If you can get the use of a Reich Weight Control, measure the load on each wheel.

Try posting your query on the Hobby Owners Club website, www. hobby-owners-club. co. uk

43794[/snapback]

Roy is correct about modern Hobbys, but I'm not so sure about a '95 one. Older ones may have had rubber in compression, which is rather expensive to rectify!!

I agree with Roy about ovens etc. that may have been added at a later date; (Hobbys don't come with ovens as standard). Also check the wheels/tyres.

Measure the suspension depression, rather than ride height, by taking measurements from the centre of the wheels to a fixed point on the bodywork/chassis. If it's got shock absorbers, these could do with checking also; I had one replaced on my 2002 Hobby at the last service!

If none of the suggestions pan out as a solution, then it looks like a new axle may be needed; sorry!!