Post Codes

grumpygit

Guest Coachman
Hello everyone, i have the ttg 300, i have the speed cameras etc but was wondering if i could get the uk postcodes. I had a tt mobile and this had them on.

Cheers all

43564[/snapback]

Hi i have a Tom Tom 300 and the Post codes are already in it. if you look at your hand book it will tell you. I use the Post Codes all the time. If you want to know more I will have to look at mine . I don't know how to put the speed camera on to it. John

Hi i have a Tom Tom 300 and the Post codes are already in it. if you look at your hand book it will tell you. I use the Post Codes all the time. If you want to know more I will have to look at mine . I don't know how to put the speed camera on to it.   John

43571[/snapback]

try Navigate to. ...

then blue arrow (to next page)

POSTCODE

enter the post code and off you go.

I guess as its a 300 it is running version 5 (there are some update available at tomtom. com to take it to 5. 2 I think)

HTH

Ian

Cheers guys, if i put in a postcode search it only go's to say M34 7.   It wont let you put in any more.

43877[/snapback]

Yes thats correct, only the first part of the postcode! You then need to supply the road name and then the house number.

You can download more comprehensive postcode databases, but they take up a large amount of storage space on the memory card.

I have got the post codes but for the life of me cant load the speed cameras.   I wonder if the browser I am using is the problem (Mozilla).

43886[/snapback]

Hi Road Runnner

I have no problem with Mozella fire fox. and down loading the saftey cameras to the computer and then tranfering then to the TTGo 300 with firmware upgrade version 5-201

Is your SD card the standard( may not take all the POI etc ) or have you purchased a larger SD card

Dave

I have got the post codes but for the life of me cant load the speed cameras.   I wonder if the browser I am using is the problem (Mozilla).

43886[/snapback]

I have been using Moz Firefox primarily now for about a year (have to use IE to access our company extranet, though) with no problems downloading the camera databases. ..

BTW - According to Symantec, Firefox (and other browsers based on the same Mozilla code) is now no longer 'safer' to use than IE. Apparently there are 25 known vulnerabilities in Firefox, as opposed to just (hmmm) 13 in Internet Explorer (eight of these being severe). But on the other hand, "no widespread exploitation of any browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer has occured".

I know what I am sticking with, and it aint M$.

Hi Road Runnner

I have no problem with Mozella fire fox. and down loading the saftey cameras to the computer and then tranfering then to  the TTGo 300 with firmware upgrade version 5-201

Is your SD card the standard( may not take all the POI etc ) or have you purchased a larger SD card

Dave

43894[/snapback]

I am using a 1 gb SD card.

Guest Hobbybod

43886[/snapback]

Hi John, the safety cameras should work OK if you follow the instructions on the Pocketgps site, provided that you un-zip the files and load the ov2 and bmp files into the Great_Britain_Map folder; it's no good loading them straight onto the card.

Having done that, they may still not appear in the POI category lists :angry: (although they are there in the Map folder) because you've more than the limit of 40 POI categories for v5. 1 software. (limit of only 27 for v5. 2, so don't use it!)

Now this limit includes the pre-set categories supplied by Tomtom, not just the user-added POI's. I've had to remove about 5 categories from my TTGO so that I could add 'supermarkets', 'London Congestion Charge Entry Points' and 'pubs'!!

And AFAIK no-one has worked out how to remove the useless Tomtom-supplied categories; more's the pity!!

Good Luck.

43886[/snapback]

The reason you having a problem John is you dont use a internet browser to load the files

use WINDOWS EXPLORER