Voyager

Bob

Had a look at this new van at the Earls Court Show.

What a van, very impressed. Something different and new.

If this is the way forward I'm all for it :)

Trouble is I bought a new van this year and unless Baron's can do me a super deal I may have to wait :(

Any one else have any thought's on this van and Baron's as a dealer?

25 grand is a lot I agree, but that's almost what I paid for my currect van :(

As the van is not mass produced it would be difficult for them to compete with the large manufactures. I spoke to the designer at Earls Court and they are building one a week. This allows them within certain bounderies to adapt the vans to customer's requiements.

I promise I have no connection with the dealer or the manufacture :)

Looked at it at Excel - I was not that impressed for a £25K van - NOW - what did impress us were the 5th wheel vans, yes quite a bit more BUT you got a lot for your money.

Voyager.jpg

For anyone interested this is what the Voyager looks like. Visit the Barrons website for the details.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Trouble is they are very big and very American in style, OK if you like things American! Also on top of that you have to buy a pick up truck to tow it.

As I work for an American company and ride an American motorbike I think I've got enough things from across the pond to be going on with :)

Going to Barons this weekend to have a good look and decide if we could live with it. then it all depends on what sort of deal they can do against my Bessacarr :)

Trouble is they are very big and very American in style, OK if you like things American! Also on top of that you have to buy a pick up truck to tow it.

44514[/snapback]

Yes you need a pick up to tow it with but as for size - unhitched and alongside some of our bigger 'vans they were not that big, apart from the fact that they opened sideways BUT most people these days seem to put up awnings the size of a small bungalow SO NO no bigger than a good sized UK 'van.

And the pickups that they were showing at Excel were the double cab variety and very drivable and again no bigger than many of the vehicles people tow with these days - me included B)

Much smaller than I expected and smelt like a boat (new) rather than a van.

Not for me and I don't care much for the warranty as here today gone tomorrow.

I think it will be a flop like the Sinclair C5 and the Bond Bug.

Looks like I may end up with the only one then :)

Warranty I don't think will be an issue. Barons are standing behind the van and most of the equipment fitted is from a known manufacturer.

It wont be for everyone and I think it's unfair to dismiss it <_<

Warranty I don't think will be an issue. Barons are standing behind the van and most of the equipment fitted is from a known manufacturer.

That in itself may be a problem as dealers struggle to do warranty work at the best of times even on there own specials :blink: and for 25 years. ............................. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sounds like you are talking from experiance there road-runner :)

I agree you are rather in the hands of the dealer with this one and I have no experiance of Barons. Any one out there with any thoughts on Barons?

Roadrunner, you don't work for Daf do you???

Sounds like you are talking from experiance there road-runner :)

I agree you are rather in the hands of the dealer with this one and I have no experiance of Barons. Any one out there with any thoughts on Barons?

Roadrunner, you don't work for Daf do you???

44603[/snapback]

No and being a little hard on the Voyager (I am all for development) by visionaries but feel this is a step to far.

Wish em luck though ;);)

I certainly like the look of it from the outside, although I think the inside is a bit minimalistic.

I think the price tag needs to be a little lower before we see any on the road though!

Is this the shape of things to come?

Desperado

Who knows what the future holds? I suppose that unless the large manufactures take a step away from the norm i. e square white boxs then that's what we will be stuck with!

All I want is a good quality caravan well assembled. Seems to be to much to ask from existing manufactures.

This van appears well assembled with less of the frills to go wrong. No wood to creak, crack and bow. No seams to leak.

My last 2 vans have all given me trouble and to be honest if I can't find a trouble free van I shall give up :( .

Will let you know how I get on at Barons, see how far they are prepaired to move on the price :)

• 4 months later...

Hi saw this van in an issue of PC magazine they gave it good revues ( i know that means nothing) but it does look quite well made, might be an option against the airstream hitting our markets now ?

And the thought of seamless goe's well with leakless,

Edited by cb1701

Still really keen on this but the price is a bit high and Barons did their best on a price for mine but was not enough to make me take the plunge.

Am keeping a eye on it though waiting to see what happens.

They had made a few changes for Birmingham which in my view were for the better. Colour of the inner walls toned down, shelf over front window. extra locker in bedroom little things but steps in the right direction.

When they told me the price of the Airstream I assumed it came with the Discovery attached to the front of it, but no :unsure: