A Dreaded Leak

cb1701

:( A dreaded leak has happened on my van :(, the gutter rail on the van seems to be seeping water into the van, iv'e got it in for repairs very quickly fortunately and the dealer says he thinks we have caught it in time as the panelling hasn't started to swell, i was just wondering how often the rails need re-sealing talking to another caravanner this weekend he seemed to think every 2-3 years, from close inspection on my van i don't think theyv'e been done since the van was new (11yrs ago)

Well if that is the case I should consider having the lot done. My offside rail was leaking so I had it replaced. I am lucky I have a man who used to be a foreman before a dealer went bust so he is now independent . ....and cheap. He felt that the rail that takes the awning would eventually need doing so we had that done as well. Better to do it in time and spend hundreds than do it too late and spend thousands.

Trouble is you need someone you can trust. the man I use does not need the work. He has vans stacked up outside cause people think he is a little treasure!! Anyway i think the man will be a bit cheesed off if my van leaks after 3 years. He reckons a proper job should last a long time.

Archived