Got It!

Janey

We are now the proud owners of our new wobbly, a fantastic Coachman VIP. :D We picked it up on Saturday from Glossop and it's now safely tucked up in its new storage site until we go away in a couple of weeks to try it out. Going to Lickpenny and can't wait. It's a pity we didn't have it in time to get organised and join all of you who went to the CT2 rally Doncaster, especially as it's only about 20 minutes away from us. It would have been lovely to have met you all and spent the first night away in the new van.

It seems ages ago since our last van was stolen and, although I still get upset when I think of that, it's a new start with our new one. Love it already :)

Janey

Audi Q7 / Coachman Laser 640/4

Good luck with the new van. Hope you enjoy Lickpenny it is a well kept lovely site.

We did have a brilliant time at the bonfire rally, Doncaster and look forward to future trips in the van

Best wishes Mark and Teresa

If you need any info on Lickpenny or surroundings please reply,we visited in the spring 2005.

Teresa

If you need any info on Lickpenny or surroundings please reply,we visited in the spring 2005.

Teresa

43557[/snapback]

Hi Teresa,

Yes, we'd love some info. on what there is to do in and around Lickpenny. We quite like visiting things like castles and ruins etc. as well as the odd cycle ride (nothing too strenuous though :D ). Ooh, and we also like shopping.

I understand there is a car boot on Sundays just a short walk from the site - we might give that a try. Are there any nice places to eat in the evenings ?

Hello Janey

Happy to hear that you have got your new van at last

hope it brings you a change of luck

wish you years of happy Caravanning

TommyG

Janey,

Here are some interesting websites

Tansley village website as listing of eating places and interesting sights around the area.

http://freespace. virgin. net/pat. gaskell/index2. html

The tavern at tansley is a 5-10 minute drive from Lickpenny we went one sunday evening it was busy and the food was of a good standard, the price range varies. I think it was approx £7 for main meals. we took our two children with us.

http://www. tavernattansley. co. uk/index. html

Two garden centres nearby we visited the scotland one and it does also have food facilities.

Matlock is the nearest town with the attraction of matlock bath a little further.

http://www. derbyshireuk. net/townsandvillages. html

For cycling there are many bicycle trails we visited carsington water with our children on their bikes. good trail around the resorvoir but very hilly in places.

http://www. cressbrook. co. uk/features/carsington/

some of the trails are listed here

http://www. cressbrook. co. uk/walks/cycling. htm

Hope these provide some of the information you require it really is a lovely area to visit, especially if you like the outdoor lifestyle.

get back to me if there are any other queries.

Best wishes Teresa

Just remembered you mentioned shopping at the far end of Matlock Bath there is a old mill that contains similiar shops to the designer outlets Masson Mills I did not visit but passed. This is also a textile museum an original Arkwrights mill

If you need tourist information they are based in Matlock Bath at the pavilllion/ mining museum parking nearby but is very busy usually at weekends.

Were are you travellling from ?

Teresa

Just remembered you mentioned shopping at the far end of Matlock Bath there is a old mill that contains similiar shops to the designer outlets Masson Mills I did not visit but passed. This is also a textile museum an original Arkwrights mill

If you need tourist information they are based in Matlock Bath at the pavilllion/ mining museum parking nearby but is very busy usually at weekends.

Were are you travellling from ?

Teresa

43617[/snapback]

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for all the info. - very helpful. We're travelling from Retford in Nottinghamshire, only about an hour when towing I should think. We've been to Matlock a few times but only on a Sunday bike ride (motorbike that is :P ) and have not done the touristy things like Heights of Abraham etc. Looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks again

Janey

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for all the info. - very helpful.   We're travelling from Retford in Nottinghamshire, only about an hour when towing I should think.   We've been to Matlock a few times but only on a Sunday bike ride (motorbike that is :P ) and have not done the touristy things like Heights of Abraham etc.   Looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks again

Janey

43683[/snapback]

It took us just over an hour from South Yorkshire an easy journey for a short stay. We hope to return nex year.

Teresa

If you like shopping there's the Peak Village shopping centre at Rowsley (between Matlock & Bakewell) and while you're there have a look at the campsite behind the pub next door, The Grouse & Claret. It's not a bad little site and allways busy, the food's good in the pub too!

Hi Janey,

Just like to wish you good luck with the new van B)

Steve

PS

Good to see you posting Teresa :)

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome

Hi Janey,

Just like to wish you good luck with the new van B)

Steve

PS

Good to see you posting Teresa :)

43690[/snapback]

Thanks Steve, and to everyone for your good wishes. It's nice to be "one of the gang" again. I've felt a bit out on a limb since we lost our van and although I've kept on reading posts on the forum, I didn't feel like I had anything to contribute. But that's all changed now and it's good to be back :D

When are you at Lickpenny ? We are on a CL at tansley on the 19th november for one night.

Let us know what you think of the site and nearby areas. Useful to find out other peoples opinions

best wishes Teresa

When are you at Lickpenny ? We are on a CL at tansley on the 19th november for one night.

Let us know what you think of the site and nearby areas. Useful to find out other peoples opinions

best wishes Teresa

43736[/snapback]

Hello Teresa,

We'll be arriving sometime during the day on the 19th. Let us know if you fancy meeting up for a chat. There's a guy on another caravan forum who will be at Lickpenny on the 19th and I think we might meet up with him as well. We could have our own little rally :P - smalll but intimate :lol:

Hi Janey. ....we too would like to add our best wishes and good luck in your new caravan. .......but where the heck is Lickpenny. ...... :blink: sounds a wonderful place and well worth a visit :)

43912[/snapback]

Hi guys,

Thanks for your good wishes. Lickpenny is in Tansley near Matlock in the Derbyshire Dales. It sounds like a lovely place to visit and the site itself has been given great reviews. If you're interested, go to www. UKCS. co. uk and click on camp site finder and you can read reviews of the people who have been there.

Janey

Janie & Duncan,

Hope you enjoy Lickpenny. Unfortunately we will not have the time to meet up but we wish you a enjoyable time in your new van.

best wishes Mark & Teresa

Archived