Storage

Daveg

B) Id be interested to know where eveyone keeps there aqua roll and waste master during transit.(car van /where in van )

Surely a really clever manufacturer could at least designed a van where the waste master could be stored under the van !.

Also has any one ever had a spare wheel nicked, and is there any way of securing it under the van

Thanks

Dave

There is enough space in my end bathroom, to put the aqua roll on its side against the back wall, and the wastemaster then acts as a barrier to stop it rolling down the van!

There both empty so theres hardly any weight.

As for clever design ideas, I think they struggle enough as it is. .. :angry:

Regards, Gaz

B) Id be interested to know  where eveyone  keeps there aqua roll and waste master during transit.(car  van  /where in van )

Surely a really clever manufacturer could at least designed a van where the waste master could be stored under the van !.

Also has any one ever had a spare wheel nicked, and is there  any way of securing it under the van

Thanks

Dave

43396[/snapback]

Hi Dave

We store the auquaroll and waste master with other light weight items between the front seats secured using a cargo net purchased from Halfords fitted the net with cheap dog clips and fixed "d" rings under the seat edges. then use the dog clips cliped to the "D" rings

The spare wheel is secured wity a bike chain with intergrated lock also from Halfords

Dave

I keep the wastemaster in its bad under the fixed bed - which is great because I access it from the outside of the van. The aquarolls I keep in the walkway between the bed and the side of the van - on a piece of plastic sheeting to prevent marks on the carpet.

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

At the moment I travel with both my aquaroll and wastemaster in the front locker.

I suppose I should really think about some sort of security for my spare wheel, the bike chain seems like a good idea.

Our Wastemaster & Aquaroll just about fit inside the bathroom, where they can't roll about in transit.

We do put them inside purpose made bags to keep everything clean though and store the pipework in the gas locker.

ATB

Moose

Our wastemaster and aquaroll go in the front locker of the van. Have to take the wheels off the wastemaster but all goes in. Only have one gas bottle but I think it will still go in if we bought a second.

No need for bags then I suppose.

Will have to think about something for the spare wheel now i suppose!! Currently on the alko underslung carrier but no doubt its not secured that well and so can be nicked easy enough!

Steve

The wastemaster goes in a roof box along with the awning, chairs, and a few other odd and ends. The Aquaroll stands on its end in the washroom.

We've got an Avondale with a built in spare wheel carrier with an access hatch in the floor of the caravan. We kind of took this for granted when we looked at the van (our first one), but it seams like such a good idea you have to wonder why everyone isn't doing it. (a bit like Ford and their heated front windscreens!)

Good idea re. hanging the Wastemaster underneath. I might see if I can rig something like this up next season.

Steve.

B) Id be interested to know  where eveyone  keeps there aqua roll and waste master during transit.(car  van  /where in van )

Also has any one ever had a spare wheel nicked, and is there  any way of securing it under the van

Thanks

Dave

43396[/snapback]

The Aquarolls lived in the showeroom (29L and 40L) and the Wastemaster in the front locker of our 92 Elddis Cyclone. Just bought a 2002 Sterling Eccles fixed bed and I think they will live under the bed.

Alko designed a spare wheel carrier and an underslung, detachable waste water carrier. It looked very nice in the brochures but I never saw it in the flesh. I was told it was discontinued as it kept falling off. The idea is great but how could you ensure that you wouldn't tow with it when full?

As to spare wheel security, the Alko carrier has provision for a small padlock. This can be protected by using a small lidded pudding basin or similar container.

Mike

Our front locker swallows up the spare wheel, 1 gas bottle, wastemaster and aquaroll. ...

I always carry two aquarolls - I don't want to be rushing to get water when it is piddling down and i want a cup of tea. I just sling the wastemaster on its end against the sink in the washroom and stack up the aquarolls next to it. Don't have to worry about mess cause they are in purpose made bags. The bags are really useful, no faffing about with plastic bags or polythene sheets, any damp or dead leaves is held inside.

The Wastemaster minus its wheels, empty and in its bag fits very nicely in the front locker.

The Aquaroll also empty and in its bag sits nicely in the shower tray along with other light weight items all of which are in bags and padded and restrained.

As I don’t keep any gas bottles in the front locker whilst in transit (to keep nose weight down) I keep my wastemaster (with wheels still fitted) in the front locker.

The Aqua role is keep inside the van (in a waterproof cover) between the fronts seats kept in place with a Telescopic Cargo Bar and a B&Q garden storage box wedged in place with cushions.

I like the idea of storing the Aquaroll underneath the van, should be easy to come up with simple bracket arrangement to hold the Wastemaster tight up to the floor I too will give it some thought.

Desperado

As I don’t keep any gas bottles in the front locker whilst in transit (to keep nose weight down) I keep my wastemaster (with wheels still fitted) in the front locker

Desperado

43504[/snapback]

So what else do you keep in the front locker while in transit? Where do you put the spare wheel? I am not being funny but I thought I was unusual cause I keep the spare wheel in the locker on site but then lug it in to the van and stick it over the axle while in transit. ....and its a right pain doing it. Somebody said that it was because I had a small van and they can be awkward to reduce the noseweight. Mind you I do keep one 7kg gas cylinder in the front at all times.

Where do you put your gas cylinders?

Hi Geoff,

I answer to your question the spare wheel is slung below the caravan in an ALKO spare wheel carrier behind the wheels.

I found the nose weight of the Arizona with gas bottles in situ exceeded my cars tow ball nose weight so I generally only carry large volume low weight items in the front locker.

The gas bottles I carry in the car wedged in the passenger foot well.

Desperado

Dave our Aquaroll and Wastemaster are bagged and travel in the bathroom. The spare wheel travels behind the passenger seat in our Landcruiser. I removed it from the Alko carrier under the van as it was an absolute pain to get out - that was onsite with NO puncture [just to test for access].

We keep it in the vehicle whilst away and then put it on the caravan floor when van returned into Storage.

Mike

I keep the aquaroll and the wastemaster in bags between the seats of the rear dinette during transit held in place with a telescopic cargo bar. Spare wheel rides under the 'van with a lock on the carrier and one propane bottle in the front locker.

Our van came with the spare wheel fixed in a holder in the front locker, but with 2 gas bottles also in there and with the battery box fairly far forward we found the noseweight pretty high. We now carry the spare in an Alko carrier secured with a padlock and this leaves plenty of room up front for the wastemaster and a couple of lightweight chairs and other bits and pieces.

The aquaroll travels in the car as we like to carry some water for use en-route. Any other extra stuff also travels in the car as we like to keep the van ready for use and also do not want to overload it. It is amazing how much all the stuff weighs.

Thanks for the many responses,

I like the idea of the water containers being held in purpose made bags.

just had my first ever trip out and looking for best places to fit things for maximum space .

Any ideas on where to fit my two children !!!LOL

Thanks again

Not quite a virgin caravanner, but a happy one. ! :D

Dave

Our Aquarolls also live in the shower-room, in bags to stop any marks appearing (29L and 40L) and the Wastemaster in the front locker,

The spare wheel travels in the caravan over the axle then goes outside or in the front locker, no gas in front locker even when on site (13kg) :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Bags for these 2 items were the best things we ever bought, got fed up with mud/wet in the 'van.

I was surprised to hear someone puts the spare wheel into their 'van from the front box! Surely it was designed to be carried there? We always left ours in our previous caravan.

Our aquaroll goes in the shower and wastemaster between the bench seats. They come straight out on arrival anyway.

I was surprised to hear someone puts the spare wheel into their 'van from the front box!  Surely it was designed to be carried there? We always left ours in our previous caravan.

43612[/snapback]

Judging by the replies a lot seem to be doing it. The front box has got to be the worst place to stick a heavy item like the wheel. You could only get it further away from the axle if you hung it over the hand brake. In my van I have the battery right on the front corner as well. When I first picked up the van from the dealer it was hooked up for me with no check on the nose weight. When i measured it at home i was surprised the tow ball hadn't dropped off!

Moving the wheel is easier than reaching in to the side, disconnecting and then dragging out the gas bottle. My barbecue gas bottle, like Desperado's, travels in the car.

My front box was fitted with straps for two 7kg gas bottles and a spare wheel. With that and a battery nearby so far forward of the axle you would need the weight of an elephant, or mother in law, behind the axle to bring the nose weight down to 75kg.

Dave our Aquaroll and Wastemaster are bagged and travel in the bathroom. The spare wheel travels behind the passenger seat in our Landcruiser. I removed it from the Alko carrier under the van as it was an absolute pain to get out - that was onsite with NO puncture [just to test for access].

We keep it in the vehicle whilst away and then put it on the caravan floor when van returned into Storage.

Mike

43570[/snapback]

Was the spare wheel attached to the carrier in the centre? If so it's no wonder you couldn't get it out. The wheel should be as close to the side as possible such that the carrier will just go into the slot.

Mike

Archived