Sterling Europa 600 Noseweight

Runningpuffingbilly

Hi again. Following on from my earlier post, does anyone know the noseweight specified for the Sterling Europa 600?

I can't find it in the brochure or the Swift website.

Thanks

RPB

43395[/snapback]

What is the Sharans towbar/vehicle manufacturers agreed noseweight limit?It should be stated on the towbar and in the drivers handbook.

I reckon it will be either 75kgs or 85kgs,in which case this is the limiting factor.

Load up to this quoted limit but don't exceed it.

The Europa will have a drawbar download limit of around 100kgs,so if you were to tow with a large 4x4 with a hitch limit of 150kgs,the limit would be the caravan at 100kgs.

You must not exceed the lower of the 2 stated limits for obvious reasons. Doing so will invalidate either vehicle or caravan warranty, probably your car insurance and could lead to a dangerous situation including structural failure. :(

Frank

What is the Sharans towbar/vehicle manufacturers agreed noseweight limit?It should be stated on the towbar and in the drivers handbook.

I reckon it will be either 75kgs or 85kgs,in which case this is the limiting factor.

Load up to this quoted limit but don't exceed it.

The Europa will have a drawbar download limit of around 100kgs,so if you were to tow with a large 4x4 with a hitch limit of 150kgs,the limit would be the caravan at 100kgs.

You must not exceed the lower of the 2 stated limits for obvious reasons. Doing so will invalidate either vehicle or caravan warranty, probably your car insurance and could lead to a dangerous situation including structural failure. :(

Frank

43433[/snapback]

Thanks for the replies. ...

OK, the Sharan has a limit of 85Kg according to the handbook, so I reckon that will be the figure I need to work to.

How manageable is it to get to a noseweight of 85Kg on a twin axle? I can see the mechanics of distributing the weight around in a single axle reduces or increases the load on the towbar, but I would imagine that the effect is less on a twin axle as it doesn't 'pivot' as well about the axle?

RPB.