Truma Blown Air Heating

greenwellies

Hi everybody

We have just taken delivery of a Abbey 418 GTS Vogue 2002 model. On the first weekend away the blown air heating only worked in the lounge area, it failed to work in the bedroom and bathroom areas, while travelling home water leaked out of the bedroom vent. We returned it to the dealer who dried the water out of the system and it now works in all areas. However we have been looking on the chat forum and appear to have the classic problems some other people have. The thermostat switches off and does not switch back on again. The thermostat is mounted on the side of the wardrobe and the fire is mounted beneath the wardrobe. The wardrobe itself gets hot enough to be a drying room! There is quite a lot of chat about this problem in the forums and I just wondered if any one can clear up what the current position and latest thinking is on the subject.

Can anyone bring us up to date please?

:unsure: Thanks Sue

Sue,

Both our vans are from the Swift Leisure group.

I can tell you my 2003 Ace Award has the thermostat about 12 inches to the right of the heater and I have never had a problem with it. It has sometimes been left on for 2-3 days continually without any issues.

Regards, Gaz

PS - We only have a drawer unit over the heater, and we always have lovely warm cutlery!

Greenwellies,

As already stated a remote sensor is the answer. You should ask your dealer to fit one if the van is still under warranty. Otherwise it's about £25 plus labour.

What I would like to know is, how come there was water in there in the first place? :(

Frank

However we have been looking on the chat forum and appear to have the classic problems some other people have. The thermostat switches off and does not switch back on again.

:unsure:  Thanks Sue

43349[/snapback]

There could be a multitude of reasons why this is happening and as other members have already suggested a remote sensor would be a good start.

Once cut out at the selected setting does your thermostat stay switched off permanently regardless of room temperature and in order to get it back on again the stat has to be turned a bit further clockwise, or are you saying that it does eventually turn itself back on but only when the room temperature has become unacceptable cold?

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome

Archived