Checklink C

Gordon

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I don't doubt these are a good idea, a friend lost a wheel on the M1 once! However my wheel bolts are recessed in the alloy wheels - any ideas?

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

However my wheel bolts are recessed in the alloy wheels - any ideas?

David

43336[/snapback]

If you look on the website at the Dustite LR, this would seem to do the business for alloys if the description is anything to go by!.

HTH - Gaz

Gaz

Thanks for that they do look a possibility. I may send the company an e-mail so see about supply.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Caravan Travels

Just a follow-up on this one. I e-mailed the company about the Dustite LR so see if they would be any good for my van with alloy wheels. Had a reply saying someone would contact me which they did this afternoon. Unfortunately they only make this type for commercial wheel studs so they would be far too big for the van. However it was worth a try and you never know my interest might get them thinking whether there is a market out there.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Caravan Travels

Would this piece of plastic upset wheel balance?

Mike

43576[/snapback]

I wouldn't have thought so. One on each side of the hub bearing would maintain the balance. Also, my van is on the original tyres and I see no signs that the wheels have ever been balanced. Not that I'm saying they shouldn't be!

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com