Europa 600 & Vw Sharan

Runningpuffingbilly

Hi all. I have posted previously asking about the Eccles Sapphire, but we have now seen the Europa 600 which would seem to suit our needs far better than the Sapphire. ..but, I'm a little worried about towing a twin axle, and such a long van (3' longer than the Sapphire) with my Sharan, which is the 1. 9 130BHP diesel. It's an 83% match by my calculations so should I be worried or do I press ahead? I don't want to change the car! Does anyone have any experience they could share?

Thanks

RPB.

Hi there, I have replied in the towcar forum. If you have any more questions then come back either here or there.

We tow a single axle Sterling Emerald ( MTPLM 1300kg) with a Volvo 940 auto 2 litre. Our kerbweight is 1300-1500 depending on variant, max towing weight 1800.

Tows well, but a little slow on the hills.

Thanks again for the info. Sharan looks OK so far with the twin axle but I'm now concerned about the noseweight.

Does anyone know what the Europa 600 noseweight is specified at? I can't find any info on Swifts website and there are posts on the web claiming that the Sterling noseweights can be around the 100kg mark. Any help and advice appreciated.

Thanks.

RPB