Tent

Paul_B

We are thinking of getting a large tent (tunnel tent etc) that we can sit in, when we have a caravan talk get together. :D

Something nylon or anything that will dry easer than an awning, it would have to be lightweight'ish, so that we can put it in a car.

To hold 15/20 adults & kids satdown hopefully (large awning size) has anyone any ideas :mellow: (could two fasten together???)

Thanks in advance

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Hi Paul

Good idea from moose but we use one of them for our stall at the air shows I know ours is slightly over the top at 6m x6m but the poles are large and heavy you would need a separate vehicle to carry them, some thing like the pro action large tent in argos at £129. 99 would probably do the job but only problem with either option is where would it go on the sites?

Regards

Jon

Thanks Moose If we decided to go down the party tent route this one would get my vote.

3 x 6m party event tent

with ground bars £185. 00 P&P £47. 25

x 2 tie-down kits are recommended

My Gazebo is 3x3m and we managed to fit in 15 adults & kids on Saturday night :lol:

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome

this is the sort of tent I think would be ok, and lightwight (but a bit cheaper :) ) as we don't need any of the inner tents bedrooms etc :)

TEN5LGE.gif

Paul B

this is the sort of tent I think would be ok, and lightwight (but a bit cheaper :) ) as we don't need any of the inner tents bedrooms etc :)

TEN5LGE.gif

43622[/snapback]

Hi Paul,

check argos out pro action 5 berth tent half price now 80 quid looks big enough if the sleeping area is taken out, not to big a cost if spread between us all, what do other members think and if not suitable or if its damaged :rolleyes: it could easily be taken back` with no fuss

Hi All

Mark that’s the one that I had mentioned but now it is at £80 that’s even better, just one point where are we going to put it on our rallies I am not sure that it would fit on a pitch at the side of someone’s van and even on a rally field would they let you put it up in between the vans? Sorry to be playing devils advocate is I think it quite a good idea but I just had to ask these questions to see what you all thought.

Regards

JON

Hi All

Mark that’s the one that I had mentioned but now it is at £80 that’s even better, just one point where are we going to put it on our rallies I am not sure that it would fit on a pitch at the side of someone’s van and even on a rally field would they let you put it up in between the vans? Sorry to be playing devils advocate is I think it quite a good idea but I just had to ask these questions to see what you all thought.

Regards

JON

43657[/snapback]

Jons got a point and we would still need somewhere to BBQ in wet weather.

Paul's suggestion of having two gazebos strapped together might be a better idea, with gazebo sides in one half for eating the other open with a windbreak for cooking.

Just a thought on this topic what if two full awnings were close together.

I know it may not be possible on cc site but if a different venue may it be possible ?

Just a thought on this topic what if two full awnings were close together.

I know it may not be possible on cc site but if a different venue may it be possible ?

43692[/snapback]

Hi Mark,

Its drying the awning thats the problem, :(

with nylon type material it will dry easier

Jon we were thinking of using CLs more, (maybe) or a rally field :)

Paul B

Hi All

All the rallies I can get to over the main months i. e. British summer time or when the clocks go forward again so it’s a little lighter at night and the weather should be better I will have my full awning up innless the weather has been forecasted particularly bad I think the problem is from October through till march that we could do with something it’s a shame that non of the manufactures have made a full awning like the tents yet they have only made one half the size of a van up to now and I think that that is more expensive that the tent option.

Looking at marks comment if even on a CC site two vans were next to each other and one were willing to face the opposite way it then would be possible to have the awnings facing the same direction See diagram.

Regards

JON

post-651-1131469590_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark,

Its drying the awning thats the problem, :(

with nylon type material it will dry easier

Jon we were thinking of using CLs more, (maybe) or a rally field  :)

43726[/snapback]

Isn’t there too many of us now for a cl site and like I said before do you recon that the CC rally organisers would let us put a tent up, now I know that the C&CC Lancs. & Cheshire D A (that I been out with a few times recently and rallied with quite a lot as a kid) would let you do that but I think the CC are a little stricter in what you can and can’t do.

Regards

JON

Isn’t there too many of us now for a cl site and like I said before do you recon that the CC rally organisers would let us put a tent up, now I know that the C&CC Lancs. & Cheshire D A (that I been out with a few times recently and rallied with quite a lot as a kid) would let you do that but I think the CC are a little stricter in what you can and can’t do.

Regards

JON

43730[/snapback]

You are right Jon, we will have to find out before committing ourselves :)

Paul B

Perhaps Steve and I will have to bully you others in to joining the C & CC for the rallies like we all bullied him in to joining the CC at Clumber.

JON

43733[/snapback]

hi crew, got a leaflet from the garden factory to day, they are doing a gazebo on offer like steves for 74 quid including 2 side curtains, what do you all think

hi crew,  got a leaflet from the garden factory to day, they are doing a gazebo on offer like steves for 74 quid including 2 side curtains, what do you all think

43764[/snapback]

I think Steve might be the one with the answers; what are they like to dry, and what are they like to transport, :)

I have e-mailed sycc asking their opinion as to, if a tent would be ok instead of an awning ;)

& as we aren't in a rush there is always the January sales :)

SYCC has replied, no tent larger than 2mtr by 2mtr and to be used instead of an awning :(

looks like it would be ok only for our own rallies or the music and leisure shows :(

Paul B

Fairly easy and you don’t need much space either - just stand upright and partially open the frame, no need to extend the legs etc, dries overnight, you could dry the sides in the tumble dryer if you needed to :)

Weight: about 15kg

Hi gang,

steve do you know the aprox weight of the gazebo,

next if the full crew came on rallys ie 5 units and a motor home would we get away with it on cc cl sites or would it be rally fields,

dont think the sth yorks crew would like our 2 gazebos if we went down that line,

we really enjoyed are selfs at the weekend even ordered my sth yorks flag of ebay, it came today :rolleyes: now we only need the caravan talk rally flag, any ideas :rolleyes:

Archived