Avondale Ibiza

Bux

I already posted this topic a couple of days ago. .. but it seems to have disappeared!

My friends are looking to buy this van as they want a lightweight six berth and this van is in their budget.

Could someone please let me know if they like/dislike this van?

Bux

I already posted this topic a couple of days ago. .. but it seems to have disappeared!

My friends are looking to buy this van as they want a lightweight six berth and this van is in their budget.

Could someone please let me know if they like/dislike this van?

Bux

43077[/snapback]

The Ibiza was part of the Perle model range from Avondale but was only produced for two years (details below). Generally a good quality, basic family caravan, they were aimed at the the younger caravanner. They were dropped from the line-up with the introduction of the Dart range in 1998.

Ibiza1996.jpg

1996 Ibiza 6 berth

MGW 1100Kg (21. 6cwt)

ULW 849Kg (16. 67cwt)

Overall length 6. 35mtrs (21ft 10ins)

Overall width 2. 13mtrs (6ft 11 3/4ins)

Overall height 2. 45mtrs (8ft 0 3/4ins)

Tyres 175 R13 94N

Awning rail size 8. 9mtrs

Ibiza1997.jpg

1997 Ibiza 6 berth

MGW 1100Kg (21. 6cwt)

ULW 840Kg (16. 50cwt)

Overall length 6. 44mtrs (21ft 11 1/2ins)

Overall width 2. 13mtrs (6ft 11 3/4ins)

Overall height 2. 45mtrs (8ft 0 3/4ins)

Tyres 175 R13 89R

Awning rail size 9. 02mtrs

Regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Thank you for the info! We have a derivative of the Dart, but unfortunately my friends were looking for something older.

It actually sounds ideal for them with a young family.

Bux

Glad to help,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, sorry for the late reply, but i haven't visited the website for a while. :(

We had an Avondale Perle Ibiza, which was actually ouf first caravan, we bought it second hand and chose it as we particularly liked the layout. We have 3 children and when we started to look at caravans, we decided that the more 'traditional' 5 birth layout was inviting trouble! By 'traditional' I mean a large double bed at the front made up from the long parallel seats and then a smaller dinette area at the rear (parallel or L-shape) which made a double bed, with a single bunk above it. We felt that that layout would give our daughters a lot of opportunity to annoy each other within a confined space! We had seen the long parallel seating which converted into 4 separate bunks in a twin axle Conqueror (which I'd wandered into by mistake!) and decided that layout would be ideal for us, although we weren't looking for a van as big as that.

A dealer told us to look out for an Ibiza - though he said they were like hens' teeth to find second hand in good condition. We eventually managed to find one up in Bradford and didn't regret our decision to buy it. The kids loved having separate bunks so they couldn't 'accidentally' kick each other, and the bottom bunks were a generous length too. I loved the fact that they were so easy to put up - just one lift up and it was done. We also liked the large flip up wash basin above the loo, which meant that lots of teeth cleaning could be done at once!

The downside to this layout is that you compromise a bit at the 'grown-ups end' of the caravan. The shorter parallel seating is at the front which then makes up into a double bed which is narrower than other layouts - though it's big enough for two adults! It just means that when all the kids climb in with you in the morning, it's a bit of a squeeze! (Though that did mean that hubby got up & put the kettle on a bit quicker, so actually it could be an advantage!) Another point to consider is that it doesn't have sprung cushions, so the seating /beds are quite firm. The kids didn't notice it, but we found it a bit unforgiving after more than 3 or 4 nights in a row. A bottle or two of red 'medicine' helped aid sleep though!

We found the Dart to be ideal as a first caravan - apart from the good layout, it was also lightweight which was important especially when carrying all the other 'essentials' for a family of 5. We also liked the Avondale design of the spare wheel in the floor over the axle to aid weight distribution. We didn't have an oven in ours, just the grill and hob, which is probably standard design. After a while we bought a small microwave to stand in the awning - useful if we were away in winter, though a barbecue is sufficient in summer.

We sold our Ibiza a couple of years ago to buy another Avondale, the 556/6 Dart, another lightweight van with a 6 birth layout. We've been pleased so far with both choices we made, so I hope that if your friends decide to go for the Ibiza they will have the fun that we did!

Regards

Ann

Thanks Ann,

I'm sure they will be glad with this post. We also have a Dart 556/6 and love it :)