New Abbey Rear Corner Steady Lock Query

FM02MZO

I have a new Spectrum, which has the tubular guides over the rear corner steady bolt heads. Does anyone know of a security device for them, besides putting a padlock through the holes, if so can they please post the details.

Thank You!

I have a new Spectrum, which has the tubular guides over the rear corner steady bolt heads. Does anyone know of a security device for them, besides putting a padlock through the holes, if so can they please post the details.

Thank You!

43014[/snapback]

We have tubes on our Elddis and use padlocks. I also have (somewhere in the shed) two large diameter clevis pins (for want of a better description) which are inserted through the holes and then secured with a small padlock. These prevent the winder being inserted but do not prevent the screw being turned with mole grips or similar. A better solution (only because I've just thought of it) would be a hexagonal insert over the steady nut that the pin or padlock fits through to prevent the screw being turned. However, the tubes are not particularly secure and I'm sure a decent pair of bolt cutters would sort out the padlock or even the screw itself but it is another thing to slow down the thieving illigitimate SOBs.

Mike

Thank You!

43014[/snapback]

My april 05 spectrum 620 was stolen last weekend. Thieves used oxyacetylene torches to cut through 2 steel security gates, cut off the alko hitchlock, the wheelclamp and disabled the alarm (somehow?). So if somebody wants your caravan its gonna go whatever you put on it. Would the locks on the steadies have helped, maybe an extra minute delay?

. ...............I also have (somewhere in the shed) two large diameter clevis pins (for want of a better description) which are inserted through the holes and then secured with a small padlock. ...................

43036[/snapback]

These are supplied with a new van. If anyone didn't get them, go back and ask for them.

When changing vans, PLEASE remember to leave them in the old van - and that goes for handbooks, wheel braces, steady winding handles etc etc.

Archived