Towing Mirrors

Griff

Hi,

Anyone using this type of mirror, the one which is held to the vehicle mirror glass by a vacuum?

Seems a fair idea that they will move with the electric mirror adjustment but not sure about vibration and if they get a clout - being attached to the mirror glass and all that. :unsure:

Intend to buy my mirrors for the Disco at Earls Court on Friday.

Cheers,

Griff.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

I have used these for some months and they are great. Do not vibrate at any speed.

As to damage to wing mirror, as of yet it hasn't happened with this car, but my experiaence in the past was that the wing mirrors are broken if clouted.

As to damage to wing mirror, as of yet it hasn't happened with this car, but my experiaence in the past was that the wing mirrors are broken if clouted.

43074[/snapback]

Thanks for that Oldtimer, just might be a bit costly if the mirror mechanism gets ripped out at the same time. :(

Griff.

Hi Griff,

I have just towed for the first time with the new Shogun a couple of weeks ago, I borrowed one of the sucker mirrors which was very stable in use. The down side of it is that it obscures the main mirror and I do like to be able to see with it.

I bought a pair of Reich XXL mirrors from Towsure £8. 95 each, which hook onto the car mirror housing top and bottom and are secured onto the car mirror using rubber straps.

They are very good, with only a slight vibration caused by the diesel engine at tickover. When driving I found them to be very stable and vibration free. They do plain and convexed glass (as they are bought individually you can have your own permutation) and can be used with the glass vertical or horizontal.

Hope this helps as I noticed you are at the Caravan Show tommorow and there is usually a Towsure stand there.

Cheers

Steve

:P:P

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Hi Griff,

Hope this helps as I noticed you are at the Caravan Show tommorow and there is usually a Towsure stand there.

Cheers

Steve :P  :P

43097[/snapback]

Thanks, yes it appears that they are, will give them a visit.

I suppose with modern day vehicles with substantial mirrors mounted usually within arms reach, it should be fairly easy to reach the O/S one at least to adjust while in the car with the wife looking after the N/S - unlike the old type which I used to have years ago which clipped between the front wheel arch and bonnet recess which meant standing outside to do.:wacko:

Cheers Griff.

Thanks, yes it appears that they are, will give them a visit.

I suppose with modern day vehicles with substantial mirrors mounted usually within arms reach, it should be fairly easy to reach the O/S one at least to adjust while in the car with the wife looking after the N/S - unlike the old type which I used to have years ago which clipped between the front wheel arch and bonnet recess which meant standing outside to do.:wacko:

Cheers Griff.

43145[/snapback]

Hi Griff,

Did you get sorted out with some new mirrors.

Cheers

Steve

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Did you get sorted out with some new mirrors.

Cheers

Steve

44134[/snapback]

Hi Steve,

Yes got sorted thanks.

Bottled out on the suction type as I figured even if someone walked into one it could still damage the electric mirror mech.

Type I settled for, can't remember the name, held on by thumbscrews with a sliding adjustable arm.

As I don't have the van yet thought this would give me most flexibility to suit it when it arrives.

Thanks for asking.

Regards,

Griff.

I purchased a set of suck it and see mirrors when they first came out. The Terrano has a problem with the mirror housings not being tight. If you fit normal mirrors onto the mirror housing they vibrate. The suction mirrors stopped this happening but the jury is still out on the mirrors. If like someone said the mirror gets clipped they will at least break the glass of the car and at worst rip the whole mechanism out. These mirrors have been tested at over 100 mph on a motorbike so they have some cling.

My only real reservation is the mirror heads are too small. Having said that they are an absolutly brilliant idea so you can adjust them electrically. The only thing I would say is buy or borrow one and try it. You will either love it or won't be able to make your mind up about it. I doubt if you would hate it.

Pete ;);)

Volvo