Sign in to follow this  
Silverhairedbee

Your Most Desired Caravan Enhancement Feature For The Future.

When you put the car into reverse and you have the van on the back. ... something to cut off the reversing lights on the car and the front white marker lights on the van.

. ..

FT

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Double-Fog-Cut-Out-Relay-/200660954410?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Touring_Travel&hash=item2eb8532d2a

For "fog lights" read "reversing lights".

My thoughts for what they’re worth:

The one fundamental issue with all caravans (IMHO) is internal space and affective use of what we do have.

Therefore i can’t wait for the big players to get involved with slide outs in caravans.

I’ve already seen the INOS, EDGE, Calder and Eterniti versions. Plus the article in practical caravan probably at least 6 years ago where someone cut a slide out into their own caravan using parts from the States making quite a nice job to from what i remember.

Although i thought the space and design could have been improved upon with all these especially for the price of some £40k+ for the INOS.

So hopefully Swift, Coachman, Bailey (alutec design possibly giving more scope for slide out positioning) and the other big UK manufacturers getting involved, (moving away from the American motor home styled, offerings).

I think this could be the future.

I’d like one with, in no particular order full bathroom (not split), fixed island bed (no cut offs), front parallel seating long enough to be full size singles. Then you can throw in

· Built in solar panels (200w min)

· Built in Fiamma awning

· Built in Satellite

· Built in auto lowering corner steadies

· Switch to keep running lights on when disconnected from tow-car

· Split capacity water heater 10/20L on programmable timer (for longer morning showers)

Obviously i would like all this with absolutely no weight penalty and only a slight increase in cost :mellow:

Can’t wait come on UK caravan industry, start building. .............

What a shallow lot!

A caravan that is ECOnomical to tow should be a first priority.

Solar Panels to make it more eco-friendly and less dependant

on mains electricity/gas.

A paint job that takes on the hue of its surroundings to blend in

to the countryside

With all the money you save you can go caravanning more often

A dishwasher ?? My wife already has an automatic, mobile one. (Guess who?)

Built in snooker table! Only joking. A milometer.

Built in snooker table! Only joking. A milometer.

Milometer brilliant idea

Hi All,

You are all talking about additions to the finished article.

I think the greatest enhancement should take place at the drawing board stage where the designer should be somebody who has actually used a caravan,

Regards,

Ian.

I would prefer a caravan that does not leak. ... How hard can it be, really? In this day and age

The problem is that manufacturers will only make caravans that don't leek when they start selling second hand caravans!

What a shallow lot!

A caravan that is ECOnomical to tow should be a first priority.

Solar Panels to make it more eco-friendly and less dependant

on mains electricity/gas.

A paint job that takes on the hue of its surroundings to blend in

to the countryside

With all the money you save you can go caravanning more often

Shallow? Me? Never! I have yet to fall for the eco argument. I'm miffed that the promised global warming hasn't yet turned England into a Mediterranean paradise. So I want a roomy, warm, well-kitted caravan. While China builds a coal-fired power station a week, I'll live with the damage my caravan will do to the planet.

Shallow? Me? Never! I have yet to fall for the eco argument. I'm miffed that the promised global warming hasn't yet turned England into a Mediterranean paradise. So I want a roomy, warm, well-kitted caravan. While China builds a coal-fired power station a week, I'll live with the damage my caravan will do to the planet.

Couldn`t agree more !

Bob

Regarding self-levelling, couldn't you just mount two 12v jacks, with two cheap non-mercury tilt switches, an on/off switch in the caravan and bob's yer uncle?

Add to that four 12v motors (set to cut out at the required resistance of course) attached to the corner steadies, with a switch conveniently next to the levelling switch, then all you need is an automatic beer dispenser. :)

Higher capacity hot water boiler.

Russell

Sign in to follow this