Sign in to follow this  
Silverhairedbee

Your Most Desired Caravan Enhancement Feature For The Future.

dishwasher :)

"dishwasher" better with paper plates, throw them away ;) hope I havent started an "Eco" debate now

Stevenj.

Edited by Stevenj

"dishwasher" better with paper plates, throw them away ;) hope I havent started an "Eco" debate now

Stevenj.

No argument from me, disposable is the way to go, especially with lots of kids that are not old enough to wash up. .. But they are old enough to make lots of mess.

11. Something to deaden the sound of rain on the roof during the night!!

Help for speeding up set up and packing up for weekenders who store there caravan away from home by-

the steddies drop down to the ground and then are tensioned - you can do it with the jockey wheel

The waste master drops down from under the floor and is stored there and is connected to the pipes - so does not bring the smells into the van

The aquaroll is stored in an outside locker

Clothes are kept in a plastic box storage which slides into a customised place in a cupboard and allows fast transfer of clothes from home to caravan- same with food, and the fridge

the electric hook up is dispensed from a self retracting reel and is already connected at the caravan end

the drinking water and the toilet water uses the same tank - the same as your house

the shower can be isolated from the rest of the system to help with winterisation

Storage has adjustable dividers and not slip bases to speed up the packing process

TV has a cushioned storage area

the caravan has a fold out step whose operation is not affected by road dirt

the caravan to car hook up cable extends/contracts so it can't touch ground and can't damage the socket by pulling when driving around tight corners

The sink draining board can be left in place when travelling

We do have rubbish and the toy bin often doesn't cut it

Solar has come down in price and increased in reliability, a high percentage of people use satellite dishes, Integral Awnings on RV's are becoming standard - sort your roof and cabling

Alko lock on the wheels there has to be a better a way particularly for twin axle- detachable hitch that is keycoded?

don't put running lights in the eye line of mirrors - it is a pain and dangerous having to switch of your lights to reverse in the dark

You know it makes sense

Help for speeding up set up and packing up for weekenders who store there caravan away from home by-

the steddies drop down to the ground and then are tensioned - you can do it with the jockey wheel

The waste master drops down from under the floor and is stored there and is connected to the pipes - so does not bring the smells into the van

The aquaroll is stored in an outside locker

Clothes are kept in a plastic box storage which slides into a customised place in a cupboard and allows fast transfer of clothes from home to caravan- same with food, and the fridge

the electric hook up is dispensed from a self retracting reel and is already connected at the caravan end

the drinking water and the toilet water uses the same tank - the same as your house

the shower can be isolated from the rest of the system to help with winterisation

Storage has adjustable dividers and not slip bases to speed up the packing process

TV has a cushioned storage area

the caravan has a fold out step whose operation is not affected by road dirt

the caravan to car hook up cable extends/contracts so it can't touch ground and can't damage the socket by pulling when driving around tight corners

The sink draining board can be left in place when travelling

We do have rubbish and the toy bin often doesn't cut it

Solar has come down in price and increased in reliability, a high percentage of people use satellite dishes, Integral Awnings on RV's are becoming standard - sort your roof and cabling

Alko lock on the wheels there has to be a better a way particularly for twin axle- detachable hitch that is keycoded?

don't put running lights in the eye line of mirrors - it is a pain and dangerous having to switch of your lights to reverse in the dark

You know it makes sense

The plastic clothes storage is easily sorted. WE have a set of the plastic drawers that you cna buy almost anywhere nowadays and sit them in the wardrobe alongside a set of hanging shelves. WE rarely actually hang anything in the wardrobe. The pastic drawers come out and can be taken to the house and filed and then popped back in the frame - as I suppose the wooden drawers could if they are on the right kind of runners.

I love a lot of the above idea sand I reckon it would be relatively easy for the manufacturers to put some of them into practice.

Just had a wee thought - the idea of the self retracting hook up lead is good but it would have to be well emphasised that the whole cable would have to be unrolled as those not quite so up on their leccy issues or laws of physics etc might pitch up close to the hook up point and not unroll the whole cable thereby potentially allowing their cable to remain coiled, overheat and set the whole van on fire.

That would, I reckon, be the major stumbling block with that idea - the Health and Safety issues!!!!

I would prefer a caravan that does not leak. ... How hard can it be, really? In this day and age

Hobby caravans owned several since 1984, never leaked or other problems.

The more suggestions I see here the more I think the caravan manufacturers have been slow on the uptake. They must have their own suggestion groups for re-search and seen some of these here must have come up before as well as others. I am sure a large number of these improvements could be made with marginal increase in cost. Would be great too see some manufacturers feedback. .. They must read these forums, and if they don't they should!!!!!!

Robbie

Hobby caravans owned several since 1984, never leaked or other problems.

I fully appreciate that they are quality vans, but they are also highly desirable to the thieves. .. You can't win.

No thieves want a bailey Olympus so mine is fairly safe at least :)

The plastic clothes storage is easily sorted. WE have a set of the plastic drawers that you cna buy almost anywhere nowadays and sit them in the wardrobe alongside a set of hanging shelves. WE rarely actually hang anything in the wardrobe. The pastic drawers come out and can be taken to the house and filed and then popped back in the frame - as I suppose the wooden drawers could if they are on the right kind of runners.

I love a lot of the above idea sand I reckon it would be relatively easy for the manufacturers to put some of them into practice.

Just had a wee thought - the idea of the self retracting hook up lead is good but it would have to be well emphasised that the whole cable would have to be unrolled as those not quite so up on their leccy issues or laws of physics etc might pitch up close to the hook up point and not unroll the whole cable thereby potentially allowing their cable to remain coiled, overheat and set the whole van on fire.

That would, I reckon, be the major stumbling block with that idea - the Health and Safety issues!!!!

Easily solved with a switch that activates as the last of the cable is unwound.

A storage socket for the 13 pin plug in the A frame that is a copy of the car`s socket so that when you store the plug in it you turn it through 45 degrees to lock it in place and vice versa when removing it.

This will help to prevent the outer collar becoming out of position in relation to the pins so that it won`t plug into the car.

Those who have had the misfortune to experience this, like me, will appreciate my suggestion. Those who have yet to experience it, well, your turn may come ! I hope it`s not on a freezing cold, wet day like I experienced.

I now use a "green cap" rather than the A frame holder but do wish it was built in.

Bob

How about a jack type device fitted between the wheel axle and frame on each side for sideways levelling so you can still use you Al-Ko wheel lock.

11. Something to deaden the sound of rain on the roof during the night!!

There is something about heavy rain on the roof through the night. It makes me feel nice and cozy and glad I am not in a tent

Steven j :ph34r:

dishwasher :)

Not married then? :lol:

A storage socket for the 13 pin plug in the A frame that is a copy of the car`s socket so that when you store the plug in it you turn it through 45 degrees to lock it in place and vice versa when removing it.

This will help to prevent the outer collar becoming out of position in relation to the pins so that it won`t plug into the car.

Those who have had the misfortune to experience this, like me, will appreciate my suggestion. Those who have yet to experience it, well, your turn may come ! I hope it`s not on a freezing cold, wet day like I experienced.

I now use a "green cap" rather than the A frame holder but do wish it was built in.

Bob

Bit late there Bob. .. I covered it a while ago on my blog and Swift are actually looking into changing the moulding on the A Frame fairing, I also managed to get the importers of Menber products to bring in just the green caps and these will be on sale as single items rather than as part of a plug package in the next week or so.

FT

A caravan that does not leak

Built in vacuum cleaner

Self Levelling as Standard

Manufacturers that back up their products with no quibble guarantee like Power touch.

Edited by chad

When it rains we have nowhere inside to put our wet shoes. We saw a Stealth caravan which had a shoe recess cut into the locker on the left of the door as you come in. No more wet (or dry) shoes either scattered inside or freezing outside. Why don't ALL manufacturers do this??

Simples! (and brilliant!!)

When you put the car into reverse and you have the van on the back. ... something to cut off the reversing lights on the car and the front white marker lights on the van.

Also a set of really really bright white rear lights that can be turned on to aid reversing onto dark pitches. Maybe these could even be turned on when using a motor mover. .... LED units would be ideal.

FT

A 'barfly' type awning. ......just take a 15 foot run up and throw the awning at the side of the caravan.

Awnings the make my bloody foot itch :P

Bit late there Bob. .. I covered it a while ago on my blog and Swift are actually looking into changing the moulding on the A Frame fairing, I also managed to get the importers of Menber products to bring in just the green caps and these will be on sale as single items rather than as part of a plug package in the next week or so.

FT

Great news, if other caravanners who are yet to experience the problem take this on board they will save themselves a lot of hassle.

Well done !

Bob

Bearing in mind how flimsy door and window locks are I think that a built in safe would be a good extra.

Bearing in mind how flimsy door and window locks are I think that a built in safe would be a good extra.

Thats a good idea why couldnt they put a safe into the floor somewhere, covered by the carpets when not in use

Or just much better door and window security!!

Pete

caretackerpete, that's one I would go with, it is just so stupid to have such a flimsy door lock, especially on the split in the middle one. I am pleased to see that some caravans are going for an all in one door.

If I was building a caravan from scratch I'd be following this thread very carefully!

I can't believe we haven't had any feed back from a manufacturer on this thread. You would think a major forum such as this would be monitored by the manufacturers just to observe and anticipate general trends and wants.

Robbie

Sign in to follow this