Sign in to follow this  
Silverhairedbee

Your Most Desired Caravan Enhancement Feature For The Future.

Perhaps the manufacturers read forums like this to plan their enhancements to future models.

My suggestion. A spray or surface that could be applied in a caravan that would change colour or indicate when excess moisture is present. Perhaps only visible under UV light or something similar.

Robbie

Perhaps the manufacturers read forums like this to plan their enhancements to future models.

My suggestion. A spray or surface that could be applied in a caravan that would change colour or indicate when excess moisture is present. Perhaps only visible under UV light or something similar.

Robbie

I would prefer a caravan that does not leak. ... How hard can it be, really? In this day and age

Hi Robbie,

Such a colour-changing surface would have to be visible only under UV light - otherwise most caravans would have multi-coloured interiors on a permanent basis!

The most significant enhancement for future models would be for UK manufacturers to match the integrity of their products with that of other European manufacturers, where water ingress is a rarity - not a common occurrence!

Regards,

David.

I'd like to see a fixed bed which folds up to the wall during the day, so we can make better use of the space for children, pets etc

A caravan that does what it says on the tin and offers quality as the basic standard ;)

I'd like to see a fixed bed which folds up to the wall during the day, so we can make better use of the space for children, pets etc

Hi all,

Just wait Tigger,It'll be round again. Many years ago Carlight had the rock n roll bed,Fleetwood had one that lifted up flat to the back wall. What goes round comes round. Mind you'd be surprised at how many UK manufacturers go to the Dusseldorf Salon " Just for a look ".Catch ya later,indoors.

Electrically powered window blinds.

Solar Panels as standard !

Automatic corner steadies and self levelling function

Help for speeding up set up and packing up for weekenders who store there caravan away from home by-

the steddies drop down to the ground and then are tensioned - you can do it with the jockey wheel

The waste master drops down from under the floor and is stored there and is connected to the pipes - so does not bring the smells into the van

The aquaroll is stored in an outside locker

Clothes are kept in a plastic box storage which slides into a customised place in a cupboard and allows fast transfer of clothes from home to caravan- same with food, and the fridge

the electric hook up is dispensed from a self retracting reel and is already connected at the caravan end

the drinking water and the toilet water uses the same tank - the same as your house

the shower can be isolated from the rest of the system to help with winterisation

Storage has adjustable dividers and not slip bases to speed up the packing process

TV has a cushioned storage area

the caravan has a fold out step whose operation is not affected by road dirt

the caravan to car hook up cable extends/contracts so it can't touch ground and can't damage the socket by pulling when driving around tight corners

The sink draining board can be left in place when travelling

We do have rubbish and the toy bin often doesn't cut it

Solar has come down in price and increased in reliability, a high percentage of people use satellite dishes, Integral Awnings on RV's are becoming standard - sort your roof and cabling

Alko lock on the wheels there has to be a better a way particularly for twin axle- detachable hitch that is keycoded?

don't put running lights in the eye line of mirrors - it is a pain and dangerous having to switch of your lights to reverse in the dark

You know it makes sense

I would prefer a caravan that does not leak. ... How hard can it be, really? In this day and age

Could not agree more !!

WOW!! A caravan manufacturer could already make a killing. .... Any comments "caravan manufacturers"

Detachable coded hitches is a brilliant idea. ..

dishwasher :)

Try the new baileys!

Plug in loo cassette hookup adaptor/auto flusher for the new Super Super pitches.

Help for speeding up set up and packing up for weekenders who store there caravan away from home by-

the steddies drop down to the ground and then are tensioned - you can do it with the jockey wheel

The waste master drops down from under the floor and is stored there and is connected to the pipes - so does not bring the smells into the van

The aquaroll is stored in an outside locker

Clothes are kept in a plastic box storage which slides into a customised place in a cupboard and allows fast transfer of clothes from home to caravan- same with food, and the fridge

the electric hook up is dispensed from a self retracting reel and is already connected at the caravan end

the drinking water and the toilet water uses the same tank - the same as your house

the shower can be isolated from the rest of the system to help with winterisation

Storage has adjustable dividers and not slip bases to speed up the packing process

TV has a cushioned storage area

the caravan has a fold out step whose operation is not affected by road dirt

the caravan to car hook up cable extends/contracts so it can't touch ground and can't damage the socket by pulling when driving around tight corners

The sink draining board can be left in place when travelling

We do have rubbish and the toy bin often doesn't cut it

Solar has come down in price and increased in reliability, a high percentage of people use satellite dishes, Integral Awnings on RV's are becoming standard - sort your roof and cabling

Alko lock on the wheels there has to be a better a way particularly for twin axle- detachable hitch that is keycoded?

don't put running lights in the eye line of mirrors - it is a pain and dangerous having to switch of your lights to reverse in the dark

You know it makes sense

Some novel ideas there. I keep meaning to see if my waste master will fit in the spare wheel frame. ...now the spare wheel is in the car. Lot easier to release a lightweight container ( with both tyres inflated) than a heavy tyre by the roadside.

Well said to all of your thoughts Kevinktwo. You seem to have given the matter more thought than the Manufacturers!!

Electrically powered window blinds.

We haven't got our caravan yet, but as we have electrically powered window blinds and an electric lifting roof in our current home from home (Mazda Bongo) I think I'd like to see what the Japanese would do if they manufactured caravans!!

PS The Japanese don't manufacture caravans . .. yet . .... do they?

Also, although they seem to have improved greatly recent years, we've been looking at a lot of caravans with some truly eye-wateringly hideous soft furnishings. Maybe get a man to select the fabrics rather than someone's great granny!!

I remember in about 1976 a friend of mine had a really old Sprite [he said it was a Sprite], it had a lift up into wall double bed

A rear view/reversing camera that is factory built into the caravans rear panel, perhaps in the high level brake light?

1. Smart battery chargers that made maximum use of and reconditions batteries.

2. An electronic sensor that can tell if loading is well-balanced.

3. Inserts in sink taps that reduce water usage (I do get fed up refilling the Aquarolls)

4. Roof fitted mobile phone/dongle aerials

5. A COMFORTABLE fixed bed

6. Lounge seating that is COMFORTABLE and adaptable for those who don't use it for sleeping

7. Rear reversing sensors (ahem!)

8. An internal alarm that doesn't go off and annoy the neighbours when a fly's got in

9. Lateral self-levelling

10. A device that gives something horrible to scroats who nick or break into your van

Edited by Bobferg

dishwasher :)

Swedish caravan manufacturers Kabe fit dishwashers in some of their caravans, they also make a 2 storey caravan I think it is called the Royal.

A rear view/reversing camera that is factory built into the caravans rear panel, perhaps in the high level brake light?

Great idea for vans like ours with the solid back panel, I don't fancy drilling any of it myself to fit a camera

A van which isn't put together like something from the 60's, and using modern materials.

Sign in to follow this