30mb Gas Regulators

goosgog0

I have a 2004 German Dethleffs caravan, it has a propane regulator that connects directly to the cylinder. I wish to change it to a connection were both cylinders are connected and can be changed over easily. The caravan is marked up for the new regulations of 30mb but because the regulator screws into the cylinder directly can only be used with propane.

Is it possible to obtain a 30 mb regulator in the UK and be able to use a gaslow manual change over system?

Any info would be a help.

Surprised you have not had any replies from the Techies.

As all new UK vans have mounted 30mb regulators and use "pigtails" to connect to the cylinder, I would have thought that you could adapt your van to work the same way.

Then you would be able to use the Gaslow manula or automatic change over system.

Roger

Check your local gas/caravan dealer. I think you can get a pigtail for your continental cylinder that will then fit the UK 30mb regulator.

However you may need to check your gas regulator fitted to your caravan as continetal threads are opposite to UK (as I found out this summer). If you need a UK 30mb gas regulator thay cost about £36. 00 ( I now carry one as a spare for breakdowns on the continent) and you can then use a standard automatic change over system available at dealers.

Guest Hobbybod
Surprised you have not had any replies from the Techies.

As all new UK vans have mounted 30mb regulators and use "pigtails" to connect to the cylinder, I would have thought that you could adapt your van to work the same way.

Then you would be able to use the Gaslow manula or automatic change over system.

Roger

43554[/snapback]

I did reply some time ago, about the specific system employed by the majority of German 'vans (different from the Truma one used in UK 'vans) and the Duomatic L twin gas cylinder auto change-over system as fitted to some Hymer 'vans.

It's 'disappeared' from here, :angry: so pm me or check the other forum.

Thanks everyone I have contacted my Dethleff dealer who says he can get me the Duomatic system.

Archived