Van Suggestions

Argente_Owner

I'm looking at changing to a twin dinette van. Must be single axle and about 1400-1500 kg. Will be looking to make the rear dinette into a permanent bed.

Any ideas?

I'm looking at changing to a twin dinette van. Must be single axle and about 1400-1500 kg. Will be looking to make the rear dinette into a permanent bed.

Any ideas?

42906[/snapback]

We have recently bought our first van and chose a Coachman Amara 500/5.

We chose this van for several reasons:

Lots of overhead lockers, that are made well and arnt made from the new plastic spaceframe stuff that swift group etc are using

Proper wooden partition to seperate the rear dinette off from the rest, ideal if you have a young child or light sleeper on board

Seems to be a well built van, nothing has fallen off, everything shuts nice, feels quality materials.

Had a decent spec included in the price (spare wheel/holder, cd player, alloys etc). Some vans you have to buy the spare wheel as an extra, whats that all about?

We did look at Explorer/swift group, Lunar, avondale but there seemed to be something about them that just wasnt right. We liked one of the Elddis vans but the WC door was off the corrugated plastic types, looked ok, but would stick while been slid around the track and could see shavings off the door in the track that had been rubbed off. Seemed so cheap and nasty.

Cant really fault the coachman as yet, other than maybe the lack of removable carpets on our year (newer ones have them)

Steve

Any ideas?

42906[/snapback]

Hi, why not purchase one with a permanent bed ? were we store our van a man there has just purchased a adria adiva 532up with fixed end bed and it looks a super van and i was really suprized how really reasonable priced it was, i think the mtplm weight for it is about 1375kg, so alot of family cars could cope with it.

would like twin dinette as i've been told (by someone on this board - you know who you are!) that resale will be easier as a family van.

thanks for all suggestions so far.

The Bailey Pageant Provence is a twin dinette and we use the rear dinette more or less as a permanent bed - but if we have day visitors it gives us the option of using as a dinette. Should also say there are only two of us.

Reasonably priced, 1420 kg mtplm, tows like a dream, seperate shower and after sales is good, in fact, excellent.

Would definately buy Bailey again.

Archived