Enough Umph?

Tiffy

I Have just purchased a Skoda "Supreme" with a 1. 9. 130bhp CDTi direct injection Turbo Diesel :unsure: engine, It has a kurb weight of 1567Kg a nose weight of 75kg and towing limit of 1600kg. all the indicators point to it being an excellent match for my Bailey Pageant Liore which has a MTPLM of 1313kg or 89%. As I Have yet to get my tow bracket fitted and try it out, I would be interested in any views from other caravanners, especially those towing with a Skoda Supreme.

Thanks

John W

Hi Tiffy,

It was The Caravan Clubs towcar of the year, a couple of years ago. Nuff said.

Just keep the revs down when slipping the clutch while reversing with a van on the back,although this advice seems to apply to most modern vehicles according to various threads. :(

Frank

Sounds great! From what I gather, the clutch can be weak, hence requires care during hillstarts and reversing, and the suspension can be a bit soft, but apart from that it looks like you've got yourself a first class towcar.

Cheers

James

Hi

It is in all but name a Passat with the 130 TDI.

Honest John (Telegraph motoring) is of the opnion that these kick ouput 140 to 145 HP as standard.

I pull a Pagent Vendee just short of 1400kgs with no problem but do take note of threads concerning the clutch especially when reversing. I personally have no problems with the match, even steep hill starts with care, just keep the revs down. Might give a little clutch whiff but VW put this down to modern materials.

Get 28 to 32 mpg towing inc 4 bikes on top.

Also, even though power reduces at altitude, will still cope extremly well when driving through France Massive Central area.

Excellent choice.

PS I find if running on cheap French diesel its worth putting in Millers Diesel Diesel additive

regards

John

I Have just purchased a Skoda "Supreme" with a 1. 9. 130bhp CDTi direct injection Turbo Diesel 

42848[/snapback]

Very nice car the Superb, heres another helpful site,

www. briskoda. net/forums

Enjoy your new toy :D