Aquaroll/wastemaster

Griff

Hi,

How are these normally connected to the Van and anyone know if the connecting pipes etc. come with them or need to be bought seperately?

Do Aquarolls require priming in order to get the water through to the taps?

Thanks,

Griff.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

Griff

Flexible pipes from the van connect into the wastemaster, you can buy a Y shaped pipe joiner for a couple of quid. In the current Caravan Club Magazine they show an illustration of a DIY assembly which looks quite good. The problem I find with the Wastemaster is when you are pitched on a slope and the back of the van is too low to get the pipes into the container. You can turn it round and use the 'low end' but that reduces the capacity. Only really a problem if you shower in the van.

Aquarolls are connected by a submersible pump and hose into the side of the van. You must put the pump into the water before trying to operate the pump otherwise you will get an airlock.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Aquarolls are connected by a submersible pump and hose into the side of the van. You must put the pump into the water before trying to operate the pump  otherwise you will get an airlock.

42849[/snapback]

Is this pump part of the Aquaroll system or is it part of the Van? i. e. Where does the submersible pump get it's power and signal from?

Sorry if it is so obvious but never considered it before.

Griff.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

Is this pump part of the Aquaroll system or is it part of the Van? i. e. Where does the submersible pump get it's power and signal from?

Griff.

42859[/snapback]

Pump is part of van equipment and is triggered by a micro-switch in the tap(s).

Guest Coachman

Griff.

42859[/snapback]

[/q

Don't use the submersible pump out of water our it will burn out John

Hi,

How are these normally connected to the Van and anyone know if the connecting pipes etc. come with them or need to be bought seperately?

Do Aquarolls require priming in order to get the water through to the taps?

Thanks,

Griff.

42846[/snapback]

The pump is connected at the end of a hose. Also, along side this hose is another tue where the power is taken to the pump. At the other end they combine into a connecter that plugs in under a flap at the side of your caravan. This clips into place. Make sure the aquaroll is full and put the pump inside. Switch the pump switch on and open a tap, thats the system primmed. The pumps generally come with the van but you can buy replacements on caravan shops/offline etc, not cheap so look after it!

Sometimes also get a similar tube (black) that is for filling the tiolet header tank. If you get one with the van keep it seperate to the fresh water. Remember not to use normal hose with the fresh water as it contains chemicals that are harmfull to us, only use specially designed hose.

Steve

You must put the pump into the water before trying to operate the pump  otherwise you will get an airlock.

David

42849[/snapback]

Yes when we first started this one had me foxed for ages!!!!

. .................. Remember not to use normal hose with the fresh water as it contains chemicals that are harmfull to us, only use specially designed hose. ..............

42887[/snapback]

i. e. FOOD GRADE hose, that is generally coloured BLUE.

Just a small point, while the majority of vans have a pump on the end of the inlet pipe there are some that don't. Mine is one, the pump is inboard and it's just a pipe that sits in the aquaroll, the pump is operated not by a switch in the tap but a pressure drop when the tap is opened. With the onboard pumps you can run them dry without too much worry about burning out so it's not so critical that you keep a constant eye on the water level.

Can I also say that some pumps which sit in the aquaroll are not operated by a micro switch on a tap, they are operated by a drop in pressure when a tap is opened. Bailey use this system as my Provence has a pressure switch rather than a micro switch on the taps.