Dealer Recommendations?

Gazhyde

It had to happen. .. After another week away in the old Ace, we have decided to have a look at changing van for a different layout. I wasn't particulularly impressed with the dealer we bought this one from so just wondered if anyone could suggest me some other dealers to try out (or perhaps not ;) )! Be interesting to know which vans they stock as well.

We are just about 10miles south-east of Swindon, and are willing to travel for a decent dealer. .. (We are currently about 30miles from the one we bought from originally!).

If you dont want to smudge any reputations in public, please PM me!

TIA - Gaz

We got our new caravan from Chipping Sodbury Caravans, just a few miles from Junction 18 M4, so not too far for you I would guess. ( we live in Chippenham and it doesn't take long to get there)

I've been really impressed with the service we recieved, both at the time of the sale and handover / PDI also just had the first service, all problems have been sorted or are being sorted (parts ordered). They are a Bailey dealer although they also have some other px vans.

Hope this helps.

Jog

Hi Gaz

Your topic title suggests you'll travel to the Southwest! I've used 3 of the bigger dealers along the M5 south of Bristol:

Davan, Weston-Super-Mare - Bought our sadly departed Elddis here earlier this year. Good deals, good sales staff. Some of the workshop staff have a bit of an attitude!

Somerset Camping, Taunton - Bought our first van here 4yrs ago. Again good sales staff. Friends of ours had a little trouble with poor workmanship when they had an alarm fitted, but that was sometime ago (about 5yrs). We had no problems

Mendip, Weston-Super-Mare - Just bought our Abbey here. Got a great deal. haven't picked it up yet so can't comment on PDI.

In terms of what they supply: Mendip are Bailey and Elddis dealers; Davan do Dethleffs, Abbey and I thing they supply Ace's; Somerset do Sterling's and Ace's

Hope this helps

Tim

If you decide on a Bailey then it has to be Chipping Sodbury Caravans good experienced Staff, no high pressure selling, then even waive the delivery charge .

I can vouch for chipping sodbury caravans as well. We bought from them and only live a mile away. Nice part of the world, Chipping Sodbury itself, market towny sort of place with shops and pubs is a 3 minute drive away unlike some of the bigger dealers that are plonked in the middle of nowhere.

If making a special trip, it might be worth phoning to see exacly whats in stock as ther don't have massive premises and acres of caravans - enough to get a fair idea of whats about though.

Hi, give Swindon Caravan Centre a try. Excellent service, aftersales and shop. Stock Bailey,pageants,vendees,Swift,Elddis,Abbey,Sterling's and Ace's, plus others both new and used. Cannot fault them in any way. I will be using them again when it comes to upgrading our van.

Regards

Mark

We brought our new Lunar in February this year from Swindon Caravans, we cannot fault the service they have provided. We had a couple of warranty issues which were dealt with very efficiently, nothing seems to be too much trouble. This is the third new caravan we have owned all brought from different dealers and Swindon Caravans are by far the best.

They have Lunar, Bessacarr, Swift & Abbey's

Just like to add that although they are 65 miles away will definitely consider when we come to change next.

Hi, give Swindon Caravan Centre a try. Excellent service, aftersales and shop. Stock Bailey,pageants,vendees,Swift,Elddis,Abbey,Sterling's and Ace's, plus others both new and used. Cannot fault them in any way. I will be using them again when it comes to upgrading our van.

Regards

Mark

42772[/snapback]

I'd vote for Swindon Caravans as well. Just picked up our 2nd new van from them this last few days.

It may well be worth paying a visit to Salisbury Caravans at Old Sarum. We bought previous caravan from them, and were very impressed with all aspects of their service. Would certainly of bought new caravan from them, but unfortunately they are not Bailey agents. Whatever you decide, good luck. Colin.

Hi

Not sure which part of Wiltshire you are in - so if you are anywhere near the Hampshire side why not give Viscount Caravan in Southampton a try. M27 junction 8. We bought our Bailey Provence from there. They have extensive range of Bailey vans as well as other well known manufacturers and a good selections of second hand vans.

Emma

Just to add my two pennyworth - I travelled from Devon to Berkshire Caravans, Reading for my Provence - excellent service and great people to deal with both in Sales, Stores and Service. Bailey and Sterling agents.

Will definately purchase from them again without hesitation even tho I have to travel nearly 200 miles for service !!

Chipping Sodbury Caravans.

Although I didn't buy my van from them (boy, I wish that I had) they have serviced my van was new and added extras.

Brilliant service!

Yossa

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend Martin's of Exeter. We bought a 1996 Lunar 475EK from them in 2001. They offered £1000 discount on our 19 year old Elddis Whirlwind. We ended up not trading in but got £995 off the price of the Lunar! We later sold the Elddis on E Bay for £650. :P

We had no pressure to take out finance from Martin's and they were very helpful. They gave a 12 month guarantee too at no extra charge. We would definitely use them again.

Having never bought a new van, I don't know what they would charge for delivery etc. , but for those buying a new van, why not get estimates from several dealers. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

I would also recommend Salisbury Caravan Centre. Good sales advice, friendly service and a good 12 month warranty with good after sales. ...and NO, I have no links with them lol

regards

Tony

Try Weymouth caravans for Baileys or Ace. They have a branch in Blandford and in Preston (weymouth). I found them very helpful

Archived