Cyclone Fuel Saver

coljac

Has anyone fitted a cyclone fuel saver, as advertised in the caravan club magazine [october ] It fits in the air intake pipe and accelerates the air and fuel mix . I was wondering if it is any good and how much are they ? coljac :)

Do you not think that if these things were so good that the car manufacturer would fit them?

To my mind and the minds of people far more qualified than me they equal the proverbial 'snake oil' !

I spent many years in the motor trade and gadgets to help with fuel consumption have been around a long time. I have never known any of them to actually work. I would not risk trying one on a modern car with fuel injection.

caw

Do you not think that if these things were so good that the car manufacturer would fit them?

To my mind and the minds of people far more qualified than me they equal the proverbial 'snake oil' !

42733[/snapback]

Is that a mineral base or synthetic?

Mike

I spent many years in the motor trade and gadgets to help with fuel consumption have been around a long time.   I have never known any of them to actually work.   I would not risk trying one on a modern car with fuel injection.

caw

42737[/snapback]

My personal favourite gadget was a box of magnets which fastened to the fuel line, increased performance reduced fuel consumption etc. :lol:

I wonder what happened to that ;)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Thanks as usual the common sense and wide experience available on this site Is a sure fire antidote to B **LSH from the advertisers. One thing that does anoy me is the fact that the Caravan club alow such unresearched advertising in their members magazine Coljac

One thing that does anoy me is the fact that the Caravan club alow such unresearched advertising in their members magazine  Coljac

42876[/snapback]

I agree to a point BUT it is revenue! B)

Thanks as usual the common sense and wide experience available on this site Is a sure fire antidote to B **LSH from the advertisers. One thing that does anoy me is the fact that the Caravan club alow such unresearched advertising in their members magazine  Coljac

42876[/snapback]

Well its not quite that bad,

The theory behind it is that rotating air moves a lot faster then normal air, this means that the engine gets more air and burns more efficiently.

Changing the air filter more often will also mean that it can get a lot more air,

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Archived