Passat Highline Big Problem!!

rascal

Had my Passat estate for 2 days, thrilled to bits, catch pigeons! Only small problem, dealer closed Sunday, and I've spent the day looking in the back for the CD changer. On the left is a flap that houses the jack. On the left is a flap that houses a first-aid kit, but no sign of the CD changer. Dash boasts a CD player with 123456 on it so I feel sure I've got one. Help would be appreciated, and I can suffer a few acidy comments without too much bother. . Thanks in ant. .

Guest john1215

Rascal

My Passat has a 6 CD changer and it is "in dash". To load a CD I press the load button, after a few seconds I can push the CD into the slot on the front of the set, yours sounds like it is the same? There should be instructions in your manual. I don't think they have a CD changer in the back of the car on the Passat, of course, mine is a saloon maybe it is different on the estate but I don't think so.

My manual has instructions for locating the CD changer in the place that you said it was but this wrong, it is a dash-mounted unit.

john1215

Rascal

My Passat has a 6 CD changer and it is "in dash". To load a CD I press the load button, after a few seconds I can push the CD into the slot on the front of the set, yours sounds like it is the same? There should be instructions in your manual. I don't think they have a CD changer in the back of the car on the Passat, of course, mine is a saloon maybe it is different on the estate but I don't think so.

My manual has instructions for locating the CD changer in the place that you said it was but this wrong, it is a dash-mounted unit.

john1215

3772[/snapback]

John1215 you're a hero! You have helped me before, so thanks again!! Len

You should have an additional booklet for the dash 6 CD changer. I've got the old fashioned setup,just one CD in the dash and six in the boot.

Talking Passats,my next door neighbour has just clocked up 108000miles in his 30month old Passat TDI PD130,which isn't bad considering it was in dry dock for 3months after a multiple motorway pile up. Only fault was clutch replacement at 49k. His new car in on order,he tried all the new models and guess what? he is getting a Passat TDI PD130 Sport. :):)

Frank

Hi

I have a Passat saloon and the cd player is in the boot and it is a 6 disc with the same head unit as you explained. As you look at the back of the car the unit is on the left side behind the access panel built in to a frame that also has storage for cds etc.

Hope this helps, dont be afraid to ask.

Carl.

Hi Carl,

Most Vag variants like Rascals now have the in-dash 6 CD player where you feed all 6 CDs into the slot. They don't have a cassette like yours and mine. Personally apart from the disadvantage of it being in the boot,I prefer our system as it is easier changing a preloaded cassette than ejecting and reloading 6 CDs. There are variations on both types. You can buy an 'in-dash' type unit which fits inside the front central armrest or the cassette type which fits under the front seat or in the glove box. :)

Frank

Thanks everyone, the handbook instructions did give me a pleasant Sunday afternoon searching the boot. The changer is in the dash, and I've popped Lonnie Donnegan next to Alma ogan and four others and all is well. I've moved from a 9 year ols 1800 petrol to the Highline, and whilst I have had fast machines in my time, the Passat sems to take some holding back!! Thanks again.

Guest john1215
Hi Carl,

Most Vag variants like Rascals now have the in-dash 6 CD player where you feed all 6 CDs into the slot. They don't have a cassette like yours and mine. Personally apart from the disadvantage of it being in the boot,I prefer our system as it is easier changing a preloaded cassette than ejecting and reloading 6 CDs. There are variations on both types. You can buy an 'in-dash' type unit which fits inside the front central armrest or the cassette type which fits under the front seat or in the glove box. :)

Frank

3952[/snapback]

Frank,

Have I misunderstood the point you are making? Are you saying that you find it easier to stop the car, open the door, go to the boot, open the boot, open the access panel, remove the CD storage cassette, remove the CD(s) replace the CD(s) replace the cassette, close the access panel, close the boot, get back in the car and play the CD - than it is for me (or rascal) to eject a CD or CDs, replace the CDs and carry on enjoying the music.

My last car had a CD cassette that fitted under the front passenger seat and I know which type I prefer. (Message typed with a big silly grin so the intent is not misinterpeted)

john1215

Hi John,

If you have several magazines with various selections,it is much quicker changing a magazine than ejecting and reloading 6 CDs. I would hope that you stop the car to shange CDs anyway,as doing that while driving is not a good idea. :)

Frank