Weights, But From A Different Perspective!

Gazhyde

Been away in the van this week (just popping back to check out the house!). I spent about 15mins yesterday going through all the lockers and drawers having a bit of a caravan clean.

Out came 3 carrier bag loads of old papers, books, notepads, broken toys etc etc.

I reckon I have lightened my van by about 7kgs - about the equivelant of a gas bottle!!

I know what you mean!! Last weekend me and my wife was emptying the old van to trade it in, and it wasnt until we took everything out and laid it on the floor that we realised quite how much stuff we had in there - and I'd say nearly half of it we don't actually need. There are so many nooks and crannies that you just end up hoarding stuff, and from now on I am going to repeat the process at the end of every season. Really, we must have been carrying an extra 50kg that we didnt need. Everything was enough to fill the back of two cars!

Cheers

James

wow uncanny, we have just had a clear out and got rid of some stuff from our 3 week holiday in August, were off for the weekend this week and were horrifiyed how much clutter we had, i'm really going to try and keep it down next year just take the essentials beer wine and a fridge :o:blink::blink::o

Lightened mine by 50 kg - threw the wife out :wub:

42537[/snapback]

Tut tut, you know you should not tow with your wife in the van, tie her to the roof rack, its safer. :D

Pete

We did exactly the same the other week. Went to a weighbridge and found that our van was almost fully loaded and we did not have everything we normally carry in it.

Tins of this and that, books, and other junk got removed. Total weight 20kg!!!!

REgards

Trevor

Tut tut, you know you should not tow with your wife in the van, tie her to the roof rack, its safer. :D

Pete

42541[/snapback]

Might try that when I get the new Kia Sorento next week - that has a 75kg roof rack limit the Peugeot only has 40kg :lol:

Might try that when I get the new Kia Sorento next week - that has a 75kg roof rack limit the Peugeot only has 40kg :lol:

42680[/snapback]

Good luck with your new car next week. These Kia's are becoming extremely popular within the caravanning community. I will certainly 'shortlist' next time I am due to change.

Good luck with your new car next week. These Kia's are becoming extremely popular within the caravanning community. I will certainly 'shortlist' next time I am due to change.

42804[/snapback]

They not only won the CC tow car awards they also won a Best 4X4 award plus a couple of the motoring journals rated them well - the only proviso being if your were a 'Badge Snob' then you might want to do a couple of cosmetic changes to the nose and rear :P

Tomorrow (Monday) lunchtime is 'D-Day' :lol:

Archived