Towsure

telshe

Hi

In recent months there has been alot of threads regarding the slowness with orders from Towsure and the unhelpfulness of the delivery people. There is l believe a member on this forum who works in the management side hoping to solve some of the ongoing problems. Well all l can say that Sunday evening l emailed a order for several items [5] quite a large parcel, it arrived today Tuesday morning. So it seems things could be on the change. Well done Towsure. Get as good as Screwfix and you will of cracked it.

Regards Terry. :)

PS. ls there anybody out there who also finds the Cataloque compulsive reading. l want every thing.

I have always been pleased with the fast delivery of items I have ordered from Towsure - and yes I am like you I want everything in the catalogue !!

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

Well all l can say that Sunday evening l emailed a order for several items [5] quite a large parcel, it arrived today Tuesday morning.   Well done Towsure.

42438[/snapback]

Thank you Terry for taking the time to pass on a good report. All too often people only have time to write when there's a problem, so your posting was like a breath of fresh air!

Take care,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Thank you for these comments, it is really useful to receive feedback from our customers, and of course it is very pleasing when these comments are positive. David Glossop, our Customer Services Manager, is working hard to push our delivery performance to the best possible levels. David would reply to this thread personally, but is away from work this week, having a well-deserved break after a very busy summer and early autumn!

We always endeavour to deliver as quickly as possible, and are in the process of examining our despatch systems to try and ensure we can keep this up throughout the year - even when school holidays, heatwaves and other circumstances (foreseen and unforeseen) lead to the volume of orders coming into us rocketing. At the current time, orders placed on standard delivery should only take a few days to reach you. We're confident that we can keep this up throughout next year, and are putting plans in place to cope with any surges in demand, no matter how considerable they are.

Towsure will be at the forthcoming London shows. I personally will be at the Earls Court Show and will be happy to listen to any feedback from your experiences with us, or if you have any suggestions for items which you think we should include in our 2006 catalogue (new edition out in February - glad you enjoy reading it!).

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions or comments, and I will certainly pass these onto David or the relevent members of the management team.

All the best,

John Tanner

Towsure Products Ltd.

jtanner@towsure. co. uk

0114 250 3045

Last year there was a link to a Towsure website that allowed you to order goods with a 10% discount and free delivery. Will they be doing the same again this year?

Last year there was a link to a Towsure website that allowed you to order goods with a 10% discount and free delivery.   Will they be doing the same again this year?

42575[/snapback]

See HERE

See HERE

42577[/snapback]

Thanks John. I am actually looking for levelling pads that you can stack almost similar to lego bocks. They were advertised in a bochure that I think came with the Caravan Club magazine last month. Can't find them on the Towsure website and I cannot search for the product number as I don't know it. .

Thanks John.   I am actually looking for levelling pads that you can stack almost similar to lego bocks.   They were advertised in a bochure that I think came with the Caravan Club magazine last month.   Can't find them on the Towsure website and I cannot search for the product number as I don't know it. .

42593[/snapback]

Ian

I think you mean the Fiamma blocks for levelling side to side. The report in Practical Caravan a couple of years ago said that the problem was that they slide away from the tyre. In the test the Pyramid levellers came out quite well. They now have a new type. (See Towsure Catalogue). We now use a Dixon-ate leveller (similar but smaller than the Bulldog one. For corner steadies see the pic.

Hope this helps.

Mike

I have a twin axle with a motor mover but the motor mover battles to move the caravan up the levelling ramps. hen i saw the stack design it looked similar to a design and another forum member has using planks to level the caravan. Long plank at the bottom and the shorter and shorter planks stacked until the unit is level. Motor movers and ramps do not go together!

I have a twin axle with a motor mover but the motor mover battles to move the caravan up the levelling ramps.   hen i saw the stack design it looked similar to a design and another forum member has using planks to level the caravan.   Long plank at the bottom and the shorter and shorter planks stacked until the unit is level.   Motor movers and ramps do not go together!

42620[/snapback]

:blink::blink: Derrr sorry Ian got the wrong end of the stick :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My twin axle mover climbs up the yellow ramps onto a plank fairly easily though.

Hope you find what your looking for.

Thank you Terry for taking the time to pass on a good report. All too often people only have time to write when there's a problem, so your posting was like a breath of fresh air!

Take care,

Gordon.

42471[/snapback]

I always praise good service and often write letters of compliment as I think it is important to thank people and often I will actually name the person who has helped as I feel staff should get more recongnition, but I also write letters of complaint as people in Britain don't complain enough and most companies welcome constructive comments. Think the fact that I work on a reception desk dealing with complaints etc myself makes me appreciate good service.

Hi,

http://www. towsure. com/default. asp?s=fm26

These might be what you are looking for. Apologies for the rather strange image - it was supplied by the manufacturer!

They are now supplied as a pack of ten blocks (normally used as four on the bottom level, 3 on the next, 2 on, the next, then single on top with a top piece), which can be built up to a maximum of 12cm in height. The capacity is 5 metric tonnes.

We have also got some of the original type left in stock (as illustrated on website), which are a pack of 6 thicker blocks, plus a top piece, maximum height of 9. 5cm and capacity of 5 tonnes.

We have a fair number of both types in stock. If you prefer the older type please specify this when you order, else you will be automatically sent the newer type (which have been improved and are proving to be more popular).

Both are in yellow.

I hope this helps,

John T.

Towsure

Just tried to place an order using the Expo web site but it will not allow you to deliver to an alternative address. We are not home during the day and on weekends we go caravanning.

If you phone the contact number of the website, you are told you have to pay the full whack plus delivery charges. This web site is very misleading as at the top in bold letters it states 10% discount and free delivery which I am sure contravenes some advertising act. What is the difference if you want it delivered to a home or work address?

After all the good things said about Towsure this is a real let down! As I am away for the weekend by the time I come back the offer would have been closed down.

The part number is FM26. It should come up fine on both the standard site and expo site (you can type into the part number box in the top right corner of the page - the navigation to levelling equipment on the site is fairly difficult, I'll ask our web team to look into it).

Hope it works ok!

John T.

Hello,

We've got our IT team looking into this now; the expo site should allow you to deliver to any address, and I'm not sure why it isn't letting you do so. There is a link to change the delivery address. As far as we are aware, it is working fine and we're waiting for a dozen orders with different delivery addresses to download as a test sample.

I'll post here once we find out what the problem is. In the meantime, please call me direct on 0114 250 3029 and we will get this order sorted out manually over the phone (complete with all relevent discounts).

You cannot ring our sales centre and receive these discounts. The expo site is designed primarily for people to use via our own terminals at the London, Manchester, Glasgow and Birmingham Outdoor Shows. We are happy for people to use the site who have found out about it via other channels (such as this forum), but our sales staff do not have the facilities to implement the discounts over the phone.

I look forward to hearing from you,

John T.

Dear Ian K. ,

Our sample set of orders came through fine with different delivery addresses. If you are still having problems changing the address please contact our Customer Services Team direct on 0114 250 3045. Ask to speak to Louise Hill who is one of our Customer Services Managers.

They will sort out the Expo discount for you over the phone, as I will be in London from tomorrow through next week.

All the best,

John T.

ps The Expo Site will be online until the end of the Earls Court Show on Sunday 6th November.

I must say a big well done on delivery time to towsure put my order in on line on monday and recived it wednesday you cant do better than that :D welldone once again. also they are sorting the rebate over the 10% discount

All the Best Derek

Sorted. Did not realise that you had to input a second address as I thought it would still have all the details from a previous order. Than ks.

WOW what can I say just about five minuets after placing a order with the expo benefits thanks to road runner got a phone call from them telling me some items were out of stock ad would I like to cancel them or leave them on back order as they should be back in stock in a couple of weeks not ban service if you ask me.

Regards

JON

But have they already deducted the money for the out of stock items from your account ?

When paying by credit card other companies do not take the money until they ship the goods.

This is just one of the reasons that I will not deal with Towsure any longer.

43261[/snapback]

It is actually against credit card regulations for ANY company to deduct money from your card before dispatch of goods or in special circumstances they must supply you with a physical receipt guaranteeing supply of goods (within an agreed period) or money back BUT I am not certain if this last bit applies to all industries.

The last time I had a delivery from Towsure I hadn't even ordered it.

and I thank them very much :)

It was a big complimentary pack of Mr. Fenwick's products :D

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Put an order in Sunday night. Goods came Wednesday. One item out of stock so to be be sent out. Much better than a couple of years ago where they held up delivery until they had all the goods in stock. What stops me ordering normally is £5 postage so the Expo was great.

Archived