Booking For Next Year Cc Sites

mark/jayne

Hi All,

Please be advised,

rang the cc club the other day, been advised that they will be taking booking for next year from the

8Th December 2005

hope this is helpful

cheers mark/ jayne

Hopefully they will be requesting deposits with the booking. We tried to book into a site this year only to be told that it was fully booked. We then booked into another site nearby.

By co-incidence on the Saturday night we later met up with a couple who were staying on the CC pitch and they infomred us that there were a number of vacant pitches as the people that had booked the pitches had not bothered to arrive.

I find this rather annoying especially as it appears that it is members that are the main culprits. They book just in case!

Hopefully they will be requesting deposits with the booking.   We tried to book into a site this year only to be told that it was fully booked.   We then booked into another site nearby.

By co-incidence on the Saturday night we later met up with a couple who were staying on the CC pitch and they infomred us that there were a number of vacant pitches as the people that had booked the pitches had not bothered to arrive.

I find this rather annoying especially as it appears that it is members that are the main culprits.   They book just in case!

42427[/snapback]

Thanks for the info Mark and Jane. Always worth knowing.

Ian, I tend to agree with you. The only problem with booking well in advance is they get the chance of more people letting them down. Surely a deposit system through the CC club would be the way to go. Unless you cancel well in advance and let them know. Personally I would not mind paying a deposit for my booking and I think many other people would not mind it. You will always have the genuine problem but after all how much does a telephone call cost.

Pete

Volvo

This is one of my pet hates.

I have spoken to several wardens about this, they have said that they we fully booked but they know that some people won't turn up.

This is especially a problem over the busy periods, bank holidays and Christmas and New Year.

Having a deposit system would involve costs etc and added security on the web site. I would have thought that it would not be dificult to identify the culprits and give them a warning.

It does not take much effort to phone to say that you cannot make it.

Trevor

Perhaps one way is; when they give their membership No name address etc, if they don't have a very good reason for not turning up, and if it happens more than a couple of times, they should not be able to pre-book for that particular year (or the next) again.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Just to be difficult I don't think its a problem with the CC not taking deposits. In the past members would multi book campsites at the risk of loosing their £5 deposit per site and as they approached the time of departure would decide which of the booked sites they would go to. With the new booking systems this is not possible as any clash of dates is prevented by the new system. If you book a hotel and then decide you can't get there you usually have to cancel a minimum of 24 hours before booked arrival with no charge. Circumstances do change and if you book 6 months in advance all sorts of things could happen in the mean time. All I would want to see happen is that members inform the campsite as soon as possible if they are unable to arrive as planned.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Just to be difficult I don't think its a problem with the CC not taking deposits. In the past members would multi book campsites at the risk of loosing their £5 deposit per site and as they approached the time of departure would decide which of the booked sites they would go to. With the new booking systems this is not possible as any clash of dates is prevented by the new system. If you book a hotel and then decide you can't get there you usually have to cancel a minimum of 24 hours before booked arrival with no charge. Circumstances do change and if you book 6 months in advance all sorts of things could happen in the mean time. All I would want to see happen is that members inform the campsite as soon as possible if they are unable to arrive as planned.

David

42435[/snapback]

Now that is a good idea, can't multi book. :) as you say this was the problem

wish it would work with CLs too :(

Paul B

Hi All,

Please be advised,

rang the cc club the other day, been advised that they will be taking booking for next year  from the 8Th December 2005

hope this is helpful

cheers mark/ jayne

42421[/snapback]

helpful, yes. :)

So what about a rally at a CC site at York for the spring :D

Paul B

Perhaps one way is; when they give their membership No name address etc, if they don't have a very good reason for not turning up, and if it happens more than a couple of times, they should not be able to pre-book for that particular year (or the next) again.

42432[/snapback]

It should be 3 strikes and you're out! (of the Club that is). :angry:

Hi all

I cant agree more with all of the comments maid it is really annoying when like me sometimes you cant plan a head to far as I don’t know what weekends I will be off from month to month last time I booked a C&CC site I had to pay a £25 deposit which at first I thought was a little steep but then on reflection when the CC club did used to charge a £10 deposit most people would have probably thought £10 was not worth worrying about.

Regards

JON

Surely popular sites have a kind of cancellation list in that if you keep ringing you may squeeze in if someone cancels. If this is the case, people not turning up isn't a problem surely as theres always going to be a surplus of takers either long prebooked or short notice??

I am hoping that the CC will adopt the 3 strikes and then out option, as deposits do not seem to work. Although, not out of the club, just that members with a bad record be banned from the advanced booking service for a lengthy period, eg 1 month for the first 2 offences and then 12 months for the next one. Any subsequent offence would be an immediate 12 months ban.

Roger

I am hoping that the CC will adopt the 3 strikes and then out option, as deposits do not seem to work. Although, not out of the club, just that members with a bad record be banned from the advanced booking service for a lengthy period, eg 1 month for the first 2 offences and then 12 months for the next one. Any subsequent offence would be an immediate 12 months ban.

Roger

42515[/snapback]

we booked a CC club site last month (for the first time) I did it online and when I wasn't asked for a credit card number I ended up ringing up to confirm that I didn't have to pay in advance.

One way round this is to ask for a bond of say £30 when you renew your membership which you foirfeit if you don't trun up without giving a site at least 24 hours notice. Its not about the loss of income to the site it should be about the loss of a place for someone else thats important.

Alternatively why not just pay upfront for the whole of the stay? Most commercial sites expect this and at least with club sites you know the standard will be good. Few would risk losing this amount when a call to cancel will produce a refund.

Ian

Hi all

I cant agree more with all of the comments maid it is really annoying when like me sometimes you cant plan a head to far as I don’t know what weekends I will be off from month to month last time I booked a C&CC site I had to pay a £25 deposit which at first I thought was a little steep but then on reflection when the CC club did used to charge a £10 deposit most people would have probably thought £10 was not worth worrying about.

Regards

JON

42475[/snapback]

Note that the £25 deposit indicates that you booked a bank holiday period with the C&CC. C&CC require deposits and for 2006 it is £15 for low and mid season and £25 for bank holidays, or the full amount if the total cost is less than the required deposit. For high season dates the deposit is 25% of the amount to be paid for up front with a minimum fee of £15. I consider this a very reasonable attitude to take as there is a prevalance of people just not turning up.

Personally I consider that, deposit or not, those that don't turn up should be flagged up on the relevant booking system, and next time they book something, the whole amount should be taken as non-refundable. That may make them think about phoning up if for any good reason they are not going to the site.

Also remember, some commercial sites and most package holidays need to be paid for up front before the date of the booking. Also think that on popular sites, by not turning up you have probably denied the opportunity for someone else to occupy the pitch.

Further to the original post, the C&CC are taking bookings from MEMBERS from 1st November 2005 for 2006, for non-members, they have to wait until 5th January 2006.

Whilst on one site I asked the warden about a waiting list for cancellations. He told me that about 95% of people just won't turn up.

He also said that until they receive notification that they were not turning up, they had to keep a pitch spare, in the event that they arrived on a later date.

I have also found this to be a problem with CL's, which is why I when on one site the owner always allowed for 6 vans to be booked in as he know's for 75% of the time 1 person will ont turn up so they will not lose on income.

REgards.

Trevor

He told me that about 95% of people just won't turn up.

Is that figure the total booked for the site or just those on the cancellation list?

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Whilst on one site I asked the warden about a waiting list for cancellations.   He told me that about 95% of people just won't turn up.

He also said that until they receive notification that they were not turning up, they had to keep a pitch spare, in the event that they arrived on a later date.

I have also found this to be a problem with CL's, which is why I when on one site the owner always allowed for 6 vans to be booked in as he know's for 75% of the time 1 person will ont turn up so they will not lose on income.

REgards.

Trevor

42544[/snapback]

Hi Trickyt

What dose the CL owner do on the weekends that all 6 vans do turn up as I ant fully sure but it f there are more than 5 vans he will not be insured.

Regards

JON

With the C & CC they will not refund your deposit even iof you given them several months notice. I gave them approximately 3 months notice but they were not interested in refunding me my money. As a result of their attitude and amongst other complaints about the CCC, I will not be renewing my subscription with them next year.

Hello folks,

Just a thought. ....

We have had to cancel 2 sites at short notice (1 day or so before arrival) because of our dog being seriosuly ill (He's 13 and has had his moments!).

I wouldn't have minded losing a £10 deposit for not being able to use the pitches we booked - it would seem fair! What concerns me is the "3 strikes and you're out" approach!!!

Not everyone who doesn't turn up doesn't care! Although our reason was "valid", I'm sure others have their reasons as well.

Should we be penalised "indiscriminantly" for not turning up? I don't think so.

Hodkys

Hello folks,

Just a thought. ....

We have had to cancel 2 sites at short notice (1 day or so before arrival) because of our dog being seriosuly ill (He's 13 and has had his moments!).

I wouldn't have minded losing a £10 deposit for not being able to use the pitches we booked - it would seem fair!  What concerns me is the "3 strikes and you're out" approach!!!

Not everyone who doesn't turn up doesn't care!  Although our reason was "valid", I'm sure others have their reasons as well.

Hodkys

42584[/snapback]

If you give them notice I don't see a problem, however if not, 3 strikes and you are out of the booking system. I assume that you gave notice although it was short. At least someone phoning for a weekend break at the last moment will be able to enjoy your pitch.

Hello folks,

What concerns me is the "3 strikes and you're out" approach!!!

Not everyone who doesn't turn up doesn't care!  Although our reason was "valid", I'm sure others have their reasons as well.

Hodkys

42584[/snapback]

With the C & CC they will not refund your deposit even if you given them several months notice. I gave them approximately 3 months notice but they were not interested in refunding me my money. As a result of their attitude and amongst other complaints about the CCC, I will not be renewing my subscription with them next year.

Hi Hodkys

3 strikes and your out will be a last resort, to make this happen, they would have to change the rules. and to change the rules they would have to have a vote at their general meeting.

I am with the C & C C, and on more than one occassion I have have to cancel my visit to a site, but I have never lost my money.

I have had it transfered to my next stay there, I do not have a problem with that.

I never book a site, only if I intend going there.

I am looking forward to booking our Holidays soon, just a matter of deciding when my wife can get off work.

Peter

Problem is that there are no suitable CCC sites near us and our membership expired anyway. Only once have we come across a friendly warden on a CCC site, the rest of them think they are the RSM in disguise! How on earth did they cquire a reputation as the friendly club and also charge you a £5 if you arrive early! Not renewing that is for sure.

Archived