Ixl Poles For A Dorema Awning

ADRIA JON

Hi All

In the deal for the new van I got a dorema awning with steel poles can’t say I like them but then again I have been spoilt in the past with having a Isabella awning on the first van and then purchasing a bradcott with ixl poles for the first adria I was just wondering if anyone might have tried using a set of Isabella poles on a dorema awning and is so did it work ok, I myself can’t se why it shouldn’t the only place I can see being different are the angles on the front corner s and middle.

Await anybody’s thoughts

JON

Hi Jon

We have had an Isabella plus numerous other awnings with ixl poles. We have got an Isabella with ixl poles at the moment and also a Eurovent with ixl poles. You are quite welcome to borrow to try on your awning before you part with any cash without knowing.

Regards

Pete

Volvo

hi john

if i am right the only diference with the dorema poles are

1 they are too thin as to the others that you can get

2 the corners are fixed ie you cant move side to side with the actual corner itself

we have the presidentvario awning with the thick poles which are fine . the only draw back that is if i change the van to a larger 1 and have the awning extendedi cant adjust the 2 corners so will have to have them modified so that they will move. i should see no reason why you cant use anypoles as long as they fit the awningand of course you have the hook at the caravan end. hope this helps

mike

ovlov ovlov tdi abi dales ct :)

KIA SORENTO KX3 2012 Bailey Pageant Limousin SERIES 7 1700 kg

volvo xc70 D5 se

Thanks Pete

I might just take you up on that offer just hopefully a one of our rallies in the new year, one quick question what are the main differences between the top corner pieces on your poles I know that the Isabella has a peg that goes through the roof of the awning before the front wall and then a round hook at the end of the little pole that holds the veranda bit out where as the bradcott I had was predominantly the same but did not have the peg that goes through the roof before the front wall.

Now the steel poles I have dose have the peg that goes through the roof but the pole that holds the veranda up has a peg pointing straight up about a centimetre from the end hope this make sense.

Regards

JON

Hi Jon

Sorry about the delay, Definitely the Isabella poles have got the piece you are talking about. But you won't believe this but me and the wife have been racking our brains but can't remember if the other one has. Poles are up at the van, if you definitely need to know I will go up and have a look.

Regards

Pete

Volvo

Hi Pete

Sorry I haven’t replied before now I could not get on the forum last night from home for some strange reason.

As for the poles thanks for the offer but there is now real rush as I don’t think I shall be doing anything about it this year other than maybe posting in the wanted section for some ixl poles. I did actually ring the guy’s at awning land who are most helpful and was told that the poles from the eurovent awning should fit and that dorema are actually going to be bringing a set out for there awnings next year so if I can pick a set up cheaply enough and then just change the tops and veranda poles I should be ok.

Thanks for the assistants

JON

OK Jon the offer is still there if and when.

this site was going through a up date last night.

read this

Pete.

Three Star

Group: Admin

Member No.: 833

Warn: (0%)

JIC backup completed 16:00 26/10/05

Initial upgrade scheduled for early 27/10/05

Have dropped the idea of moving to a new server for now, just don't have the time to make it a seamless transition. Besides the current host company seems to be improving after a rocky patch. Will move at a later date if we feel the need.

Photo Gallery scheduled to be installed after the upgrade is completed.

G.

Volvo

Hi Pete

Will still probably take you up on the offer some time as I cart see that I will have done anything about it in the not too distant future money a bit tight with all this replacing items going on.

Hadn’t seen the post on the changes it was like loosing a leg last night I was lost for something to do, thought I might have to speck to the misses at on point ha ha.

Regards

JON

Archived