Osprey

Hot pepper

• 2 weeks later...

2005_Osprey.jpg

Sorry you didn't get a response to your question.

I don't own an Osprey but I have looked over the 2005 model.

What can I say? It looks a good quality, 4 berth caravan in a 5. 5 metre body, that cost £15,802 when new. I'm not aware of any faults specific to this model.

Regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

HP,

I think its an good variation on the side dinette layout. It has a huge washroom with a large wardrobe, and a massive kitchen with acres of worktop and cupboard space.

The 'Avondale' range is second only to the LandRanger in Avondale's line up and comes with all the fixtures and fittings you'd expect. However this does come at a price (and weight)

We discounted this type of layout as we have 2 young kids and only a thin curtain would separate them from the rest of the van after they had gone to bed. Instead we went for one of the fixed end bunk layouts.

Cheers

Steve.

got a 2004 model,special edition from glossop caravans(golden osprey)

cant fault it at all,superb van and a little more luxurious than the normal model.

to be quite honest i thought the 2005 models were not as nice as the 2004 models,interiors seem to be a little more drab. but they are a good van.

Thanks for the feedback. Does that help you Hot pepper?

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi all,

We have a 2002 Golden Osprey (Glossop Caravans).

Been very pleased with it in general. I have a personal issue with the water pressure not being as good as the Bailey Senator Camargue we swapped it for but overall a very good caravan.

Cheers

Steve

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hobbybod
Are they any good.   Anyone got a 2005 model.
Well here's a copy of a post from another forum;
Got a letter from Avondale arranging for my Osprey to go back to the factory to get the remaining 22 faults put right. How about the last para in the letter. "In the meantime I would ask that you accept my apologies for any inconvenience you have been caused over this matter and assure you of Avondale Caravans best intentions to. ...........(you'll love this)............restore your faith in such a prestigious item.

Yours sincereley

etc etc

Not the only problem 'van Avondale have had to deal with, I believe. Oh and a 2005 model barely 4 months old!!

• 2 weeks later...
Well here's a copy of a post from another forum;Not the only problem 'van Avondale have had to deal with, I believe.   Oh and a 2005 model barely 4 months old!!

45605[/snapback]

Phew. .............................

Got a letter from Avondale arranging for my Osprey to go back to the factory to get the remaining 22 faults put right.
I note the comment from Hobbybod, but I see that the majority of the replies above are positive. I hope that the faults indicated for this particular example are not repeated on other caravans. I trust too that the unfortunate owner has the caravan repaired to his satisfaction.

Regards,

Gordon.

Guest Hobbybod

Gordon et al. ,

I know I have a reputation for being very critical of many UK 'van makers, but I'm afraid that this 'Avondale' example is not unique as can be seen on these and other forums.

The gentleman with this Osprey can, financially, afford to take any loss should he decide to cut his losses and get another 'van (which he is minded to do, after the repairs), BUT I know he is incensed at the paultry quality control displayed by his 'van and the fact that most folks would be stuck with it, because they couldn't afford to 'cut their losses'.

His old 'van was still at the dealers when he went about all the problems on his Avondale and he had to positively persuade his wife NOT to put an offer on their old 'van, to get it back!!!

I'm afraid there are many of us who look at UK 'vans at the shows and compare them with continental 'vans, and come to the same, inescapable, conclusion (amplified by the CC 'Quality and Reliability Survey'); UK 'vans are NOT as well made as continental ones.

When are the UK makers and the majority of their buyers going to wake up??

Not of much bother to me, and an increasingly few others, as we've voted with our cash!