Bailey Seat Cushions

hodso

Has any body had problems with the seat cushions in their Bailey caravans, what was wrong what did you do ?

The reason I ask is I had my caravan at the dealer for some 11 items to be dealt with under warranty in early September and 1 of the items on the list is a cushion that needs replacing.

The dealer told me in September that a number of items had been ordered from Bailey which included the cushion and they would contact me when they have received them all.

The dealer has just contacted me some 7 weeks later to say that they now had all the parts except the cushion which has to be sent back to Bailey for them to decide whether to replace or repair it.

The dealer gave me the phone number of Bailey customer help, who in turn put me through to the warranty department.

I explained what had happened but was told this it was now the procedure with all cushions, I then said with the cushion missing I would be unable to use the caravan, which under the sale of goods act means its not fit for purpose.

The now aggressively sounding gentleman said the item would have to be returned, then said good afternoon and hung up.

Where do I stand on the sale of goods act ? Is the caravan fit for purpose ?

Has any body else been in this position ?

Has any body had problems with the seat cushions in their Bailey caravans, what was wrong what did you do ?

The reason I ask is I had my caravan at the dealer for some 11 items to be dealt with under warranty in early September and 1 of the items on the list is a cushion that needs replacing.

The dealer told me in September that a number of items had been ordered from Bailey which included the cushion and they would contact me when they have received them all.

The dealer has just contacted me some 7 weeks later to say that they now had all the parts except the cushion which has to be sent back to Bailey for them to decide whether to replace or repair it.

The dealer gave me the phone number of Bailey customer help, who in turn put me through to the warranty department.

I explained what had happened but was told this it was now the procedure with all cushions, I then said with the cushion missing I would be unable to use the caravan, which under the sale of goods act means its not fit for purpose.

The now aggressively sounding gentleman said the item would have to be returned, then said good afternoon and hung up.

Where do I stand on the sale of goods act ? Is the caravan fit for purpose ?

Has any body else been in this position ?

42029[/snapback]

Hi

This topic was covered in a thread some months back

do a search to find the thread

Dave

I have just had my Provence serviced and two backrests have had to be sent away for repair of the stitching. 4 weeks is being quoted but as I purchased a spare cushion set to replace the 'split cushion' I am only short of 1 backrest for a while. As there are only two of us its not a big problem, just move a backrest every night to the rear !!

I kept in touch with my dealer right up to a couple of weeks before service and he preordered items required so my service and warranty jobs took just under a day to execute. I couldnt be more pleased with the service I received considering my dealer was over 180 miles away.

The 'Sale of Goods Act' is in my opinion a very usefull tool. Firstly the responsibility rests with the dealer in this case, not Baileys. If the caravan is less than 6 months old it is not your responsibility to prove the fault existed from new, if it is over six months old you have to prove the fault was there.

I have isued such a notice on my dealer with my Bailey due to the many faults (over 40). I am collectinmg the van tomorrow, hopefully with everything finally done (I hasn't to add not all in one go, several visits).

Another usefull thing about 'Sale of Goods Act' is that you can claim your costs back from the dealer, something you cannot do with Warranty work.

I have a seat cushion on order, but have not had this situation put to me, probably because the cushion was damaged by one of the faults attributable to the caravan.

There is plenty of very good information on the web re 'Salr of Goods Act', just search for 'Sale of Goods Act' and you will be surprised how much information is available.

I thinkl if more caravaners used the @Sale of Goods ACT' with their problems it might help the industry wake up.

Best of luck

Two of our seat cushions have had to be sent away to be repaired ( the piping on both is coming undone), we reported it at the first service, been quoted 4 - 6 weeks for the repair but told they often come back after 2-3 weeks.

The dealer did say that as we had reported the problem with the seat cushions we could then wait to take them in for repair at a time that was convienent for us as he apriciated that we'd be unable to use the van until we got them back.

The other faults we had found prior to the service we had notified the dealer about and he pre-ordered all the bits so it was completed on the day of the service.

Jog

When we bought our bailey bordeaux my wife noticed a very minor defect in the sewing to one of the back rests . I must admit that i would never have noticed it . The dealer had picked up a few items on his inspection and said the items would be ordered . 2 weeks later he rang me and asked me to bring the van back for the remedial work to be done, at the same time a new back rest was delivered

Up to now i cant fault North staffs caravans for their customer service

Coljac :rolleyes:

Following on from my previous post.

We've just got our cushions back from the dealer after having the stitching repaired it only took 2 1/2 weeks ( were warned it could take up to 4 - 6 weeks) they had to be sent away to be repaired.

Very pleased with the repair.

Jog

• 3 weeks later...

We have just had our van in for the second time in past 3 months in to the dealers.

This time it was for the parts that had been on order to be fixed the dealers were just waiting for us not to be going away in it.

Yet again reeds have been great always on hand to give great advice and help

The result of our upholstery is that due to us sending all our cushions back bailey have agreed to replace all cushions and not just fix them, which I am very pleased with, so thanks again reeds of Blackburn for all your help