Vanmaster Caravans

Pete

Has anyone come across a Vanmaster Caravan? perhaps you own/have owned one.

What are your views, good/bad/indifferent. Are they expensive or cheap, reliable or fall apart within 12 months.

I have seen their website and I guess they sell them direct rather than through dealers.

I will be interested to hear any thoughts you may have.

Pete

Has anyone come across a Vanmaster Caravan? perhaps you own/have owned one.

What are your views, good/bad/indifferent. Are they expensive or cheap, reliable or fall apart within 12 months.

I have seen their website and I guess they sell them direct rather than through dealers.

I will be interested to hear any thoughts you may have.

Pete

42028[/snapback]

Hi Pete

sent you a PM

Regards

Dave

Hi Pete

sent you a PM

Regards

Dave

42035[/snapback]

Thanks for the pm Dave

Might go and visit the factory. I like the idea of having a bespoke caravan but it might be expensive.

Pete.

Well, visited the Van Master factory today and was given a very interesting tour around.

It was very informative seeing how caravans are made and we were made to feel very welcome.

Our tour guide (one of the owners) explained everything about their manufacture process and what the choices are for any individual who wants to buy one of their caravans.

We were actually shown around about 6 vans in various stages of assembly including one who has ordered green leather upholstry!!

As we suspected the vans are very expensive (start at £24k) and the factory only produce 40 per year. Having said that the next available delivery date is July 2006. All vans up to then are already sold.

Van Master don't produce any brochures because they don't need to, in fact they only seem to send one van to one show per year.

We were given all the right words about build quality etc. compared to main stream manufacturers but not being experts ourselves could only take their words with the usual caution.

All in all very interesting, I wonder if Swift or Avondale etc will show us around their factory?

Pete

All in all very interesting, I wonder if Swift or Avondale etc will show us around their factory?

Pete

42691[/snapback]

Coachman showed me round their factory - very interesting and excellent customer care (even paid me £50 for fuel to "make absolutely sure I didn't by a Swift !!)

Pete

42691[/snapback]

Certainly Avondale Coachcraft Ltd. , are happy to show members of their owners' clubs around the factory. I've been several times, so I suspect that Swift would probably do the same for their owners.

Regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Archived