Breaking News

Barney Rubble

Just heard on the local news that an overnight fire at Mendip Caravans (Newport) has detroyed 100 caravans.

I hope that no member of this forum is awaiting delivery of a new 'van from them or that their 'van is in there for service.

Drove past this site a few hours ago, a real mess all the vans and motor homes totally destroyed. Thankfully nobody hurt. Can't see them re-opening for some time.

:huh: This is where I have my 'van serviced. Luckily I changed the 'van about 3 months ago at Cardiff Caravans, so its only just had its service for this year. Phew! Shame about Mendip though, Had my last van serviced there last year and they did a good job at a reasonable price.

Mikey

We have bought our last 2 new Abbey caravans from this dealership. They were the best on price for PX and excellent handover - nothing was too much trouble. Last service done in August.

I do hope they are soon back to normal and wish them a speedy recovery from this terrible fire.

Mike

note the time of the fire.

apparently the government say most fires dont start at night, a good way of saying we need less firefighters at night, what they fail to say is that less fires happen at night but the ones that do are more serious and unfortunately in some cases deadly, very sad for what i have seen on the net a very good business hope they can rebuild swiftly.

note the time of the fire.

apparently the government say most fires dont start at night, a good way of saying we need less firefighters at night, what they fail to say is that less fires happen at night but the ones that do are more serious and unfortunately in some cases deadly,  very sad for what i have seen on the net a very good business hope they can rebuild swiftly.

42116[/snapback]

Where they got their stats from, who knows??????

Deliberately started fires similar to this, always seem to happen when it's dark, and when nobody else is around! When you work for Fire and Rescue Service it is patently obvious!!

Getting back to the subject matter, at least a. nobody was hurt, and b. at least it is the end of season (nearly). Let's hope that these were caravans 'for sale' and not owned by private owners yet, awaiting service.

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

• 4 weeks later...

Latest news, I visited Mendip today and they are still servicing caravans. The fitter that I spoke to thinks that they will be fully open before the end of this year. Well done Mendip!! :)

Archived