Awning

cuz62

could someone tell me where i can purchase the beading for the awning, looks like someone has removed about one metre from each end of mine there is nothing to hold it to the awning rail on each end

I've had several awnings in the past and they've all been as you describe. The beading has never reached the ends of the channel.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

could someone tell me where i can purchase the beading for the awning, looks like someone has removed about one metre from each end of mine there is nothing to hold it to the awning rail on each end

41944[/snapback]

Hi cuz62,

The awning beading usually ends about 1 metre up from the ground at each end.

This is normal as the awning at the bottom usually kicks out to the front and back of the caravan, whereas the awning rail goes the opposite way following the profile of the front and rear of the caravan.

It is normal practice to pull the ends of the awning out and peg at an angle at the front and rear of the caravan creating a water run off away from the caravan.

If you still want some awning beading most decent caravan accessory shops sell it cut to the required length off the roll.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Steve

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"