Senator Series 5 Water Tanks

Colbre

I have taken delivery of a new Series 5 Vermont. I have found that filling the tank is a bit of a pain. I would like any comments and suggestions to overcome the rather obvious shortcomings of the system.

Colin

Easy bypass it like me.

Just set the taps to work in the conventional way direct from the aquaroll.

In my opinion it's a total waste of space especially having to fill it from an aquaroll or other container first.

The on-board water pump is noisy though and takes time to get used to it.

Easy bypass it like me.

Just set the taps to work in the conventional way direct from the aquaroll.

In my opinion it's a total waste of space especially having to fill it from an aquaroll or other container first.

The on-board water pump is noisy though and takes time to get used to it.

41941[/snapback]

Sorry not to haver got back sooner

I accept the point but when using the shower it can be annoying to run out of water, I dont realy want to get another aquaroll and rig up a connection. The system on the older senators seemed to work OK.

Colin

Am I correct in thinking that the on board tank is now filled from an Aquaroll via the on board pump utilising a manual change over valve? I thought the system was going to be completely automatic.

I agree with Windrush it does sound like a retrograde step by Bailey’s.

My Senator on board tank is filled via a separate submersible pump with an external 12v plug and removable filler cap.

OK you have to fill up the aquaroll twice to completely fill the system; however you do end up with 80 litre of water storage!

The advantage of the old system is you have 2 completely independent systems so in the event of a pump failing you do not lose you water supply.

Desperado

• 2 months later...

Must admit over New Years with temps down to "minus 9" I suddenly found my on board tank extremely useful although I did forget about it at first :blink: and was lifting the aquaroll in and out of the car to stop it freezing overnight.

Still ***** fiddly though having to lift front seat to adjust taps each time :(:(

Guest mr_sheens

bailey have tried to make it more reliable by making it simple. just change the gate valve to suit. in my opinion it is better because it is simpler. the old system was very problematic, the new system will be trouble free, and in this day and age this is a deffinate plus rather than a negative.

the other thing to remember with this system is that they have gone away from the VERY unreliable whale submersable pump, this i suggested 18mths ago, but at least they have done it now! how many of you have had to have a whale pump replaced? we would change at least 10 a week!

anyone buying a new bailey look out for another one of MY suggestions that bailey have introduced and thanked me for concerning exterior doors. just something for you all to keep an eye out for ;)

My pump is noisy'ish but getting used to it? should I moan.

My only criticism of the door is the loss of the full fly screen (or tell me what you have suggested please Mr Sheens) ;);)

Guest mr_sheens

the onboard pumps are noisier because they are fixed to the caravan floor instead of in your aquaroll outside and they are a more substancial pump. one thing you can do is fit rubber washers under the pump where it is screwed to the floor. this will cut down any sound resinence through the floor.

the door to look for is the new toilet door, no wood in it. suggested because of the amount of ingress claims to sort the old type out. hopefully bailey will adopt this suggestion on all the exterior locker doors. did suggest it to avondale as well at the same time, but as yet heard or seen nothing.

We will be picking up a new Oklahoma soon - as we don't have the time or the inclination to be DIY experts, do you think we would have a case for the washers to be fitted pre-delivery? We had a noisy external pump on our previous caravan, which really annoyed us (and was never fixed despite several Warranty visits) . .. the thought of an even noisier internal pump is not pleasant . ..

If this is a real issue, surely Bailey should revise the original fittings to try and alleviate - before it becomes a warranty issue ?

Cheers

Sarah

Sarah,

Had a look at mine last night and if you can use a posidrive screwdriver it's a simple task, only four screws and easy to get to. Don't need to be a DIY expert!! One thing I did notice (nit picking) that the toilet door opens to make contact with the vanity unit work surface and will no doubt either cause damage to the door or the surface. I'm working on a fix for this one.

• 2 weeks later...
the onboard pumps are noisier because they are fixed to the caravan floor instead of in your aquaroll outside and they are a more substancial pump. one thing you can do is fit rubber washers under the pump where it is screwed to the floor. this will cut down any sound resinence through the floor.

the door to look for is the new toilet door, no wood in it. suggested because of the amount of ingress claims to sort the old type out. hopefully bailey will adopt this suggestion on all the exterior locker doors. did suggest it to avondale as well at the same time, but as yet heard or seen nothing.

49730[/snapback]

Mr Sheens

Have you suggested they put a "spacer" behind the "door holder openy" thing so that the key doesn't make a dent in the wall of the caravan if it is left in the lock? A flat piece of rubber 5mm thick would have saved my Louisiana (and Roadrunners & no doubt lots of others) from having a dent in the side of our new vans :angry: .