Ford Focus Estate

mlh1810

Hello, Does anybody use a Ford Focus Estate as a tow car, if so what are your oppinions on it,

cheers.

mlh.

3718[/snapback]

B) Hi.

Not a Focus estate but a C-Max?

2. 0 Tdci 136 Bhp 340 Nm torque, ok I only tow a small light van (Lunar Clubman) but it eats it, 72% car to van weight ratio. All the way from N. Wales to The Lakes I dropped out of 6th gear 4 times, and averaged 39. 6 Mpg at 55-60 Mph. PDG. I think.

And the car? Comfortable, and easy to drive, don't suppose there's much more to say really, suits me down to the ground. No dought someone will argue the toss, but hey I love it.

Cheers.

T. B)B)B)

Hello, Does anybody use a Ford Focus Estate as a tow car, if so what are your oppinions on it,

cheers.

mlh.

3718[/snapback]

hello, I have a Focus 5 door hatchback TDI 90. This car is fine pulling my 1992 Lunar Jupiter (1100kg). It flies up Telegraph Hill, in South Devon, in third gear. Very good car, and very good towcar.

When having my towbar fitted last year, chatting with fitter, I enquired what was the easiest car to fit towbar on. Without hesitation he said that it was the focus estate. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I've towed the last two seasons with a Focus Estate 1. 8 petrol and managed fine. A bit sluggish up hills and the fuel consumption was poor but, overall, it was a good car. I now have a 1. 8 TDCi Focus Estate but have yet to tow with it. In fact, I've yet to buy another caravan.