Sky Satalite

artes

I have just aquired a pace 1000 minibox which I only want to run on 12v.

The instruction book quotes a supply of 12v +/- 5% ie 11. 4-12. 6v since a fully charged battery can be 13v will it damage the minibox or should I reduce the supply?

I know I need a free to view card (are these still £20) to receive ITV but with out one there is no sign of ITV on the EPG & if I go to 103 wich is the ITV channel It say "unavailable" yet for ITV2 ITV3 etc it says "insert card".Is this normal & if I get one of these card will I be able to receive ITV?

Hello Artes. Yes cards are still available for about £20. The card you get will have your local ITV on channel 103,(dependent on your postcode). You will also get your local BBC1 on 101(although all BBC programmes are obtained without card).

Once your set-up is working, you will be able to receive other regional ITV's if you tune them in manually into "Other channels". We take our Sky gear to Spain and get everything we get at home.

As regards the 12v digibox: my voltmeter on caravan shows 13. 8/14v when on charge, so this would be applied to digibox.(I use mains only to power tv/sat etc.)

We have a Pave Javelin box and 12v TV which we use when away. We only use the box on 12v when we go marshalling. We have power from a portable generator, which we use mainly for putting a charge back into the battery for a few hours of boiling the kettle.

When running on 12v the needle normaly shows 12v, it goes up to 13+ when we are running the generator or on mains.

If you look here Javelin the say that

"Pace specify a maximum of 12. 6 volts. If you use a 12v battery the voltage could be higher so you should connect a 1N5408 diode to the + wire"

Hope this is of some help.

Regards

Trevor

We have a Pave Javelin box and 12v TV which we use when away.   We only use the box on 12v when we go marshalling.   We have power from a portable generator, which we use mainly for putting a charge back into the battery for a few hours of boiling the kettle.

When running on 12v the needle normaly shows 12v, it goes up to 13+ when we are running the generator or on mains.

If you look here Javelin the say that

"Pace specify a maximum of 12. 6 volts. If you use a 12v battery the voltage could be higher so you should connect a 1N5408 diode to the + wire"

Hope this is of some help.

Regards

Trevor

41710[/snapback]

Thanks LaurieW & TrickyT