Hot Water

shaka_26

On recent vans it is common for their not to be a reset button but their is a cut-out mechanism that operates if the hot water heater is used when the hot water tank is empty. If this happens you need to turn off the heater, wait a short while (can't remember how long but only a matter of minutes). Refill the take, switch on a should be okay. I think if there is a reset switch you should find it on the end of the tank.

navigator

• 4 months later...

We have the Amara 520/4 and this happened to us.

There is a re-set button at the end of the water heater.

Guest mr_sheens

not knowing which water heater was fitted to a 2002 Coachman it could either be a Carver Cascade or a Truma Ultrastore. What you dont say is whether it is mains or gas its not working on.

Carver Mains inop- reset button on the tank

Carver Gas inop - flame failed to light, wait and try again. if nothing, problem with burner control module

Truma Mains inop - no reset. switch heater off and leave for 5mins, autocut out

Truma Gas inop - is the winter cover removed on the cowel outside. flame failed to light, wait and try again. if nothing problem with printed circuit board.

these are the most common faults and what you should try first. there are a load more things to try but i would need to know which water heater and what power source you are using.

let me know how you get on.

*****! just read when this thread started. i could have saved myself all this typing. <_<

• 1 month later...

Agree with Mr Sheens. Ive had this problem a number of times now I always turn off my water heater before draining tank and removing hook up.

Then on site fill water system before turning on water heater. I dont know how long it takes to reset but if you switch to gass and the water gets warm it never resets.