Sign in to follow this  
Pisces

Rechargeable Cool Box

Is there such a product? a coolbox that can run on rechargeable batteries and can be completely mobile?

As most of them take 4-5 amps you'd need a very heavy battery to keep it going for any length of time - about the same size as a car battery or caravan battery so it would be unrealistically heavy all in one lump. . So the answer is to carry a cool box and leisure battery seperately

Guest Inner State

Or run it on gas, thats not quite so difficult.

J

well it is a bit, you'll still have to carry a cylinder around as well as the coolbox

Just get a freezer block thing and chuck that in there. It'll easily last all day.

still needs 12v at about 4 amps

I took a 17Ah fully charged gel battery with me on one show and it only lasted a few hours which fits in with MDs current load.

I don't think many have any form of temperature regulation so will draw that current even if all the food/drink is prechilled.

I have the Waeco fridge/freezer which can run for 18 hours on its built in battery.

I guess it depends on your idea of mobile as its not light but it keeps our frozen food absolutely solid whilst travelling through France. It has a 12v charging system but i cant use the vehicles power as its already powering an inverter thats running the motorhomes fridge and freezer B)

http://www. obrienscamping. co. uk/portable/waeco_cf-32UP. htm

I have the Waeco fridge/freezer which can run for 18 hours on its built in battery.

I guess it depends on your idea of mobile as its not light but it keeps our frozen food absolutely solid whilst travelling through France. It has a 12v charging system but i cant use the vehicles power as its already powering an inverter thats running the motorhomes fridge and freezer B)

http://www. obriensca. ..eco_cf-32UP. htm

Owch, id want it to cook the food as well at that price :o :huh: :D

Owch, id want it to cook the food as well at that price :o :huh: :D

Have to defrost it first silly, thats a top piece of kit and it'll keep you of the penguin phoo!! :lol::P