Bailey Price Increase

SEPS

We've been negotiating a part-ex for our existing caravan in exchange for a Senator - we were informed last week that Bailey Senators would be going up in price from 7th October (last Friday). I haven't seen any evidence in the press or on the Bailey or dealer websites that this has actually happened - but given that the prices have been held since before the Series 5 launch, its not a big surprise.

We got our deal finalised before the deadline - has anyone got evidence of the new prices? I'd be interested to see what they are . .. :blink:

Cheers

Sarah

I'm surprised at Bailey increasing their prices at this point.

Everyone has recognised a downturn in all retail sales, including caravans, and Bailey are no exception. This year there are a fair number of '05 Baileys unsold at dealers around the country in comparison to the last 7-8 years when all Baileys were sold straight off the production line.

It may be that demand is exceeding supply for the Series 5 Senator as it has only recently been announced.

I read in a magazine this month (possibly Practical Caravan) that the Louisanna had been a runaway success so much so that Bailey are introducing a fixed bed Paegent similar to the Louisianna. It went on to say, if memory serves me right, that the Senator would not increase in price this year.

Regards

NRF

It is the Senator Indiana which has been so successful, not the Louisiana. It was reported in the December issue of Practical Caravan that Bailey are to include another fixed bed model in the Pageant range. I am wondering whether it will replace the Vendee - anybody any further information.

I am not surprised by this as the Indiana is slightly shorter than the Provence/Vendee/Bretagne shell which should be capable of supporting a very nice fixed bed layout. My own view is to take the Vendee/Provence layout, remove the shower from the bathroom and place it in the rear nearside corner. Move the toilet/washbasin forward and have the fixed bed longtitudinally in the rear offside. This would give a fixed bed layout with the toilet in the middle of the van serving both ends at night without disturbance.

If they were to do it this way I would buy one tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!

Also looks like the model name will be Pageant Burgundy - understand it is a special show model. Guess its 'testing the water' with the layout in a slightly narrower body.

Apparently this new one will be similar in layout to the new Senator Indiana. There will be three fixed bed models in the Pageant range - the Vendee - fixed bed across back of 'van with seperate shower in bathroom, the Bordeaux which has what I call a wet room and the 'van is shorter than the Vendee and now the new Burgundy which has the shower/toilet cubicle with a door between them. Not sure which length the new one will be. Obviously there will be other differences.

Bailey use 4 different configurations for fixed beds.

Along the caravan, at one side with the toilet compartment like an en-suite on the other side.

Along the caravan, at one side with the toilet compartment like an en-suite on the end.

Along the caravan but central with access to either side of the bed.

Across the caravan.

Hi

we ordered the new Pageant Burgundy yesterday without seeing it.

The floorpan is from the Bordeaux and the layout mirrors the Senator Indiana.

This should suit us better then the Bordeaux and has more living space than the Vendee, which has to accommodate the bathroom.

Can't wait to see it at Earls Court next month. Hope we got it right!

Northampton Ken

I assume by your tag that you come from/live in Northampton? Is there a Bailey dealer near to Northampton/MK?

Thanks

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Hi David

yes, we live in Northampton.

We go to Broad Lane Leisure and their nearest outlet to us is their Daventry site on the A5 about half a mile past the turn for Watford (Gap).

They have a good range of Baileys on display and we find them very helpful.

Regards

Ken

ps have enjoyed reading your webpages.

Northampton Ken

I assume by your tag that you come from/live in Northampton? Is there a Bailey dealer near to Northampton/MK?

Thanks

David

41530[/snapback]

Have a look at this link for list

http://www. bailey-caravans. co. uk/dealers/dealers. htm

Brian

Have a look at this link for list

http://www. bailey-caravans. co. uk/dealers/dealers. htm

Brian

41688[/snapback]

Hi

If all goes well we should be picking our Indiana 5 up any time now really looking forward to getting it

This is the first Bailey we have had and are buying it from a dealer we have never dealt with before

Alan