Lunar Caravans

Guest iank

Has any one come up with a decent way to connect all 3 waster outlets into one pipe without using the 2 into 1 connectors found in caravan shops even if you have to use some plumbing bits from B & Q.

Has any one come up with a decent way to connect all 3 waster outlets into one pipe without using the 2 into 1 connectors found in caravan shops even if you have to use some plumbing bits from B & Q.

41021[/snapback]

Not sure of the layout of your outlets.

I have connected my two outlets like this.

Caravan Waste

It might help you to devise something similar.

I had a similar issue with my Senator earlier this year.

Not only did it have 3 outlets but they also can out to the rear of the caravan, so if I was on a sloping pitch (sloping up to the rear) the waste water flow was very slow.

Like RogerL says re plumb the van with 32mm domestic waste pipe it took me a couple of hours and now the waste is a single pipe coming to the side of the van

The cost about £15-£20.

The flow of water is now so much quicker.

Desperado

I have considered re-plumbing but I have to be careful as the unit is still under warranty and they may look at any excsue to void the warranty if something goes wrong.

What were they thinking when they included 3 waste outlets as it is difficult to get two pipes into the wastemaster and then this creates a u bend which prevents the waster water from flowing out.

Even asked them about it at a show last year and they could not give me a suitable answer.

41021[/snapback]

Hello, I made up a manifold using one 90 degree bend and two side entry bits from the rack at b&q, joined them together with straight pipe, had to cut bits off the joints to get the spacing right. Used short pieces of corrugated pipe to connect to the outlets on the van and a longer piece to reach the waste tank. To get the corrugated pipe to fit in the plumbing bits I sleeved the pipe with 1inch wide rubber bands cut from bicycle inner tube two layers made a tight fit. Works well, was cheap.

caw

41021[/snapback]

A word of warning - consider the reletive heights of the kitchen sink and the shower tray. I tried to connect these two waste pipes together on a previous caravan, and the result was washing up water in the shower tray - yuck!

I ended up with a common drain for the loo handbasin and the kitchen sink, but had to retain a second outlet just for the shower tray drain. The two outlets were repositioned adjacent to each other just to the rear of the offside wheels, thus maintaining a (more or less) fixed height above the ground independent of the slope of the ground. Both outlets were ducted to a common waste tank.

I hope that's some help.

Cheers,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

We have a Lunar Delta with the same outlet as yours. I have made up a fitting using grey household fittings bought from any plumbers merchants. You will need two 90 degree bends and two T pieces. You also need about a foot of straight pipe. The size of the fittings are 32 mm push fit. I have a picture of the finished article but don't know how to put it on this reply. Can someone help?

Tom.

post-370-1129062936.jpg

41021[/snapback]

Hi, could you use two waste containers ? on my van the shower waste is at the rear and i place a small 20ltr waste tub, (cost about 8 quid from my local caravan dealer) and a 38ltr waste master at the side of the van for the wash basin and kitchen sink seems to work perfectly and saved re-piping :)

Tom a, I like your solution as it looks nice and tidy. Thanks. I will pop down to the local B & Q and see if i can get all the correct fittings.

Picking up on Gordon’s point I was too concerned with the differing heights of the waste outlets.

So my theory was so long as the new pipe was large enough to take away the waste water the water wouldn’t back up into the shower tray.

So once I had connected all the pipes together I first tested it with clean water and lo and behold no backing up!

So with 32mm waste pipe you shouldn’t have a problem.

Desperado

A word of warning - consider the reletive heights of the kitchen sink and the shower tray. I tried to connect these two waste pipes together on a previous caravan, and the result was washing up water in the shower tray - yuck!

I ended up with a common drain for the loo handbasin and the kitchen sink, but had to retain a second outlet just for the shower tray drain. The two outlets were repositioned adjacent to each other just to the rear of the offside wheels, thus maintaining a (more or less) fixed height above the ground independent of the slope of the ground. Both outlets were ducted to a common waste tank.

I hope that's some help.

Cheers,

Gordon.

41158[/snapback]

Picking up on Gordon’s point I was too concerned with the differing heights of the waste outlets.

So my theory was so long as the new pipe was large enough to take away the waste water the water wouldn’t back up into the shower tray.

So once I had connected all the pipes together I first tested it with clean water and lo and behold no backing up!

So with 32mm waste pipe you shouldn’t have a problem.

Desperado

41271[/snapback]

I have to admit you're right. This problem only occured when using the standard flexible grey corrugated pipe. I've used rigid "domestic" 32mm plastic pipe with complete success in the past.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Archived